Thunder 2015 people needing rides or groups to ride with.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know its a Vmax gathering. I am so tempted to bring my 88. But I ride, so I really would rather bring my 14 since its more comfortable distance cruiser.

I would have loved to see the 109r though. I still haven't crossed that off my bikes to own.

I know its a Vmax gathering. I am so tempted to bring my 88. But I ride, so I really would rather bring my 14 since its more comfortable distance cruiser.

I would have loved to see the 109r though. I still haven't crossed that off my bikes to own.
i'll look into mounting a second wheel chock in my trailer, and testing to see if my Subaru Outback can tow with two bikes inside. If it can, maybe I'll bring it along. (It's a long shot - 3,000 pound limit for towing and anything else in the car, and the trailer is 1300 empty.)

i'll look into mounting a second wheel chock in my trailer, and testing to see if my Subaru Outback can tow with two bikes inside. If it can, maybe I'll bring it along. (It's a long shot - 3,000 pound limit for towing and anything else in the car, and the trailer is 1300 empty.)
My Terrain(v6 w/ 264 hp) has a 3500 lb limit, trailer weighs about the same as yours and with 2 Vmax's, tools and riding gear it was about 2800 lbs. It did struggle a bit going up the long steep grades in Kentucky on I-75 though. As long as you don't have any big hill(mountains) to pull over you should be ok.

So is anyone with a Trailer going anywhere near Indianapolis on the way to Thunder ?

My Terrain(v6 w/ 264 hp) has a 3500 lb limit, trailer weighs about the same as yours and with 2 Vmax's, tools and riding gear it was about 2800 lbs. It did struggle a bit going up the long steep grades in Kentucky on I-75 though. As long as you don't have any big hill(mountains) to pull over you should be ok.
Trailer = 1300 pounds. VMax probably goes between 600 and 700 pounds. Add my girlfriend and me plus anything we bring along and it will not leave enough capacity to tow the M109R too. The Subaru has a max towing capacity of 3K and a max tongue weight of 200 pounds. According to Subaru, that 3K is everything in the car and the trailer. Tongue weight with nothing in the trailer is 167#. (I hope I got the chock in the right place to balance whatever bike I'm towing over the axle!)

If my GF agrees to drive the car and trailer I can ride the M109R to the meet. That's the only way I can get both bikes there. I will probably not make a decision one way or another until the day before the meet. I don't like to ride the M109R in the rain, so it is partially forecast dependant.)

Next year I plan to replace the Subaru with a bigger vehicle that is more towing-competent, so this is the last year I'll have this issue.

What are these tears of angels you speak of? Rain.... bahh......

My 14 has the head pulled off and doing a valve job, replacing the springs with some heavier duty springs, new seals, cam chain tensioner and more....

I am crossing my fingers it will be done before Thunder. Its SO much more comfortable that the Vmax. But if need be I ll ride the Max down.

Trailers.... Hmmmppphhhhh ;)

Larry, who I believe is from Delhi area, and I are planning on meeting in Upper New York near Letchworth State Park on Monday or Tuesday. Were just starting to put this together and still have not planned the route we are taking to Somerset arriving by Tuesday PM or Wednesday. I still maybe coming down from the Sudbury and crossing on the E end of lake Ontario if I can get my Nexus card by then. I have a passport but I don't want to sit in the long lines getting back into the USA.

Leaving Thursday morning from Michigan, riding down. So far I believe Mike is coming. Haven't heard from Lee yet.

I am leaving early hopefully around 5 am or so, I would like to be down there in the early afternoon. Its only a 6 hour ride I believe.

If anyone in the Richmond area wants to trailer up on Thursday to Sunday they can catch a ride with me. My truck is also getting a couple of new shoes/tires put on this weekend. Last set was in 2009....lol I have to get it's safety inspection done this weekend also...

ATTENTION...ATTENTION...ATTENTION...ATTENTION...ATTENTION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that I have your attention, ALL VMOA Thunder Event attendees will receive a FREE $10 gift card from one of our sponsors:

www.rockymountainatvmc.com

To qualify, you MUST supply your full name and mailing address at the coordinators room front window check-in sheet for this sponsor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTENTION...ATTENTION...ATTENTION...ATTENTION...ATTENTION

picture.php

scenic on the way there quick route on the way home. And we will wait for you to get your shit together old man.

I have a passport but I don't want to sit in the long lines getting back into the USA.

Geeze, can't believe we cannot commute from differing countries with just our driver's licenses.

Last edited:
I'll be arriving in Lorton, VA Wednesday 11AM.
Traveling up I95, to I495, then to I270, and finally onto I70.
Anyone else taking that route, around the same time and day?

Back