Thunder In The Valley 2011 -- Role Call?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried my best, but fuck me, guess I'm not gonna get to go, I really wanted to meet everyone and test ride a gen 2. Hope yins had a great time. Ed

Last edited:
Just got home after a great day of riding and hanging out for the bbq at the hotel. Lemme tell ya, them frostback boys (the canadians) are some fun fellas as well as the rest of the guys too. Sheldon is the grillmaster of the bunch. I got soaked going down to meet everyone for breakfast and then again on my way home after the bbq... I just can't win, damn rain!!!! See how tomorrow goes, can't wait to go hang out and ride some more.

Sam(bigrubbers4x4) Thanks to you and your dad for the scenic Ride while we were at thunder,it was a great ride (even if it did make us late to the banquet)and it was moving to be at the flight 93 memorial,thanks again,hope to see you again next year.

Sam(bigrubbers4x4) Thanks to you and your dad for the scenic Ride while we were at thunder,it was a great ride (even if it did make us late to the banquet)and it was moving to be at the flight 93 memorial,thanks again,hope to see you again next year.

Not a problem brother!! It was our pleasure taking you guys out for a rip, hopefully next year we can plan for a longer ride to take you guys on (obviously we need more than 3 hours...lol) sorry to make you guys all late for dinner but I hope the ride was worth it. The flight 93 memorial is always moving every time I am there. Sorry we didn't get to make the speed run happen but the damn weather just didn't cooperate friday. I hope im not in to much trouble for making the MC for the banquet late, I guess I will find out in the morning when I get down there...

First off,
Thanks to Everyone that was at Thunder, it was my first time there and I will definitely be going back !

Here are a few Pics from Thunder 2011 that I just ran through Photoshop:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e5rw0q
They are in a .zip file which Windows can internally extract.
Here's a short guide to do that:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...p/all/proddocs/en-us/cf_extract.mspx?mfr=true
or you can download a trial version of WinRAR or WinZip to get the pictures extracted from that file (Just Google them).
I will post alot more (thanks to the Ladies of VMOA!), within a week or so.

I put them in an Album so you can see the smaller copies by looking here (the originals in the .zip are much higher quality):
http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=655

Finally I am home and all settled in from Thunder. We stayed this morning for a 120 mile ride to make up for the rained out rides. What a great day for riding through the mountainsides. I will save this ride for next years agenda for sure!!!

I sure hope everyone else had a safe ride back home too. Another great year of meeting up with so many awesome new and old friends. Thanks to everyone that made it and made this event what it is!!!

Got home a while ago, been showing videos I took with my camera on the ride down to Thunder to Jodi. Had a great time, was awesome meeting up with all of the guys and gals there. Wish the weather had cooperated a bit more, but just makes me look forward to next year even more!!!!

Sorry to miss this one, Good pic's, hopefully next year. I hope there's a Pgh run this year and hopefully see some of you guys there. Ed

Well, thunder is over. I made it down to the hotel this morning to see some of the guys that were still there off. I had a really good time hanging out with you all this weekend!! Can't wait to see you all next year at thunder, I will hopefully be allowed to take a group out on another scenic tour....lol. next year my scenic ride will have to be like this, right after the parade we will grab lunch then go instead of going all the way back to the hotel in somerset. The ride my dad and I led we only got to do about half of it so we will need more time for the next one. We might even have to grab lunch out on the ride instead of before just so we can get going on the road.

I wanna give a special thanks to Mr. President for the membership renewal into the VMOA and also steve jassy for the box of vboosts, I already started going through them in my "office".

Thanks to the guys that hooked up my max to the the digital sync tool, I will be pulling my carbs to give them a hell of a cleaning since the right sside ones aren't doing much of anything under 2500 RPM.

Trevor, thanks for leading the ride friday to the falling water house, I've never been there before and I live here... it was interesting. Maybe you guys should check out the johnstown flood museum next year at the site of the old damn that burst, you all may enjoy that if you have never seen it before.

It was great catching up with all the familiar and new faces this year. Always guaranteed to have an awesome time at Thunder.....thanks everyone for making the Thunder rally truly a worth while event!!! Definitely looking forward to next year....

Even met a new vmax rider on Sunday downtown Johnstown admiring our bikes and he ended up being right in my town back home! Who would have figured I'd have to travel a ways to meet a local rider from back home.......

Stay safe!

Well, thunder is over. I made it down to the hotel this morning to see some of the guys that were still there off. I had a really good time hanging out with you all this weekend!! Can't wait to see you all next year at thunder, I will hopefully be allowed to take a group out on another scenic tour....lol. next year my scenic ride will have to be like this, right after the parade we will grab lunch then go instead of going all the way back to the hotel in somerset. The ride my dad and I led we only got to do about half of it so we will need more time for the next one. We might even have to grab lunch out on the ride instead of before just so we can get going on the road.

I wanna give a special thanks to Mr. President for the membership renewal into the VMOA and also steve jassy for the box of vboosts, I already started going through them in my "office".

Thanks to the guys that hooked up my max to the the digital sync tool, I will be pulling my carbs to give them a hell of a cleaning since the right sside ones aren't doing much of anything under 2500 RPM.

Trevor, thanks for leading the ride friday to the falling water house, I've never been there before and I live here... it was interesting. Maybe you guys should check out the johnstown flood museum next year at the site of the old damn that burst, you all may enjoy that if you have never seen it before.

If anybody ever deserved a membership my friend it is you. You were not a member yet still stepped up to volunteer to help us set up this event. I just wish there was more I could do. It is great people like you that make these events go smoothly and as enjoyable as they are. It was my pleasure to give you the membership and I look forward to riding with you again next year!!!!!

It was great catching up with all the familiar and new faces this year. Always guaranteed to have an awesome time at Thunder.....thanks everyone for making the Thunder rally truly a worth while event!!! Definitely looking forward to next year....

Even met a new vmax rider on Sunday downtown Johnstown admiring our bikes and he ended up being right in my town back home! Who would have figured I'd have to travel a ways to meet a local rider from back home.......

Stay safe!

Did Scott get all the rubber chunks off of his bike from my burnout in the parade?????? Wouldn't have lit it up for so long if I had known he was that close behind me. How was the ride yesterday morning?

Did Scott get all the rubber chunks off of his bike from my burnout in the parade?????? Wouldn't have lit it up for so long if I had known he was that close behind me. How was the ride yesterday morning?

I doubt he detailed his bike when I dropped him off. We were both exhausted from the weekend. I dont think its all that bad.....

As to the ride, we went about 120 miles around the surrounding mountains of Johnstown, PA. They werent all too fast, but there was a bunch of twisties for sure. A very scenic route that we so enjoyed.

Sure hope your back issues clear up. I truly know how one doesnt realize how much we rely on it until something happens. I am glad my back has been good for the past two years here.

Great seeing you face to face this weekend and hanging out for sure!

Called the Hotel too talk to some friends on Saturday around 6;00 pm and talked to what sounded like a little old lady well long story short after trying to contact some fellow V-Maxer/s , she started to tell me How Wonderful all the V-Max people were and that I should be there for the event and how the barbecue or cookout was so nice and they cannot wait until next yr. to have everyone back , Damn I wish I could have made the event even with out a bike , I was stuck sitting on a train right in Johnstown just up from the Stadium and seeing all the bikes was killing me!! Well any way just wanted to say Hey too all the friends I have met at Thunder since the second yr. of Thunder up until 3 yrs. ago and sitting back remembering it when we had 6 or 7 V-Maxes total and how Great that was up until a couple of yrs. ago with over a hundred . Hopefully I will get a bike for next yr {even a moped with NOS} and can make it up too see some old friends and meet some new ones , Sounds like everyone had a Great time . Thanks for posting the pictures and as any one knows it would NOT be Thunder with out a little rain . Take Care and God Bless . Later Kurt

I think the rain forecasted all weekend scared a few riders away, but we had 50+ vmax's this past weekend. It was truly a blast to hang out and ride with everyone for sure.

Made it home at 11:00PM yesterday from my short (long) weekend.

Here's the summary:

Friday:
Flew out from Wichita at 6:00 am
Landed on my second stop in Pittsburgh Pa at 2:00
Got the rental car
Drove 2 hours
Picked up the loaner bike
Got in touch with Jim P, Marcus H, and another rider
Rode to his place and got rained on
Furbur and another rider showed up
Was fed a damn good steak
Said goodbye
Rode to Hotel (and got rained on again)
Met up with many more guys
Found out my room share was not available
Took another guys reservation
Slept a little bit

Sat:
Got up and got fueled up
Headed on breakfast ride
Ate a decent breakfast (had better but also had far worse before)
Got more fuel and rode to parade meetup location
Rode with group to line up in parade
Rode in parade
Rode around for a parking place (for what seemed like an hour)
Parked in area after much debate on whether or not we were going to be towed
Walked all over vendor grounds in downtown Johnstown PA
Watched Paul buy dickboy shirt (LOL)
Watched guys get beer (and screwed on price)
Watched guy get shirt he finally found in his size
Walked some more
Made it back to bikes and found out we started a trend since 10 times more bikes decided to go ahead and park where we were at
Rode around again and somehow made it to hotel
BS'ed until leaving for dinner
Rode again (and got sprinkled on again)
Had very good dinner
Didn't win any prizes but gave away a bunch!
Helped Paul with headlight issue
Rode back to Hotel (can't remember if it rained that time)
Got free T Shirt
Bs'd some more
Rode Loaner bike back after getting "direction instructions for dummies" which I needed - got rained on again
Got in loaner car and drove back (this time the rain can kiss my ass)
Drove back to hotel
BS'ed again
left for Pittsburgh airport
Slept in rental car about 1.5 hours
Got my only frisking of the weekend going through security (where was vmaxgirl when I needed her)

Sunday (with no real time between Saturday):
Flew out of Pitt at 6:00AM
Made it Home to Wichita at 10:00AM
Got picked up at airport by Family
Drove to K.C. 3 hours away
Had afternoon with brothers family
Drove home another 3 hours back
Hit the bed at 11:00PM (and didn't even bother the wife much even though I am NEVER too tired if you are reading this honey).

All in all, a fun weekend and great to meet so many of you that I only talk to or email.

Sean Morley

Latest posts

Back