Thunder in the Valley 2015

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RazoR333

Reaction score
First off i must ask for forgiveness as it has been way too long since i have been active on this site.
But in my defense, i am heading out to Thunder in the Valley next week to hopefully meet up with the privileged few that straddle the most awesome machine on 2 wheels.
Just called the Days Inn tonite to confirm a booking that was made 3 months ago to no avail.
Can any one advise as to where the main events will be taking place and if there is any GOOD hotels or camp sites in close proximity?
Much appreciated in advance.

I believe all the fun starts at the day's inn . Mike Moore will have a list of rides and fun stuff you can also visit vmoa.net site and check out whats going on too . I believe there is someone offering their backyard as a campground

I will be bringing my bike in the back of my truck. Is there somewhere to unload it, by chance. Thanks Dannie

LumMax, you can unload it across the street.
There is a hill you can back up to and with a board or ramp just roll it out.
Ron Irland unloads and loads his 09 there every year.

RazoR,
I believe Scott Trimpey is letting people camp at his house in Stoystown about 10 miles from the Days Inn.

And the VMOA events list is here:
http://www.vmoa.net/modules/xcenter/?storyid=67

Good to know, I just wired up all the trailer lights, on the truck end nice and legal like. But, in the back of the Chevy P.U. would be easier than towing. There's plenty of help there that's for sure.

Good info , and thanks. Will need more contact info about back yard camping to get in touch . The hotel and bedbugs thing has me a bit freaked out,..and dont mind tenting it if there is a good spot and little rain.
:punk:

You'll need to call him and talk to him about camping.
Scott Trimpey
3432 Stoystown rd, Stoystown, Pa, 15563
814-521-4625

He has a few acres behind his house he said was available for camping last year and I'm pretty sure he'd be fine with a few guys camping there this year.

There is a cookout at his house on Thursday from 5:30-8:30 this year just like we had there last year.

This info came from the VMOA events schedule I linked in my last post.

I met Ron at Boxenstopp's in Daytona Beach a couple of years ago. We met there and the group went to the Deland Airport to a restaurant for lunch on Sat. Marcus Hickman was there w/his high-HP bike, though he rode it responsibly. I had a UFO 4/1 DragStar and Marcus would have nothing to do with riding to my right..."what did you say? What?" :rofl_200: Too loud.

Ron and I had a good conversation during lunch (bikes, natch), he's from the southern tier (western NY) so he's not too-far from home at Thunder.

LumMax, you can unload it across the street.
There is a hill you can back up to and with a board or ramp just roll it out.
Ron Irland unloads and loads his 09 there every year.

RazoR,
I believe Scott Trimpey is letting people camp at his house in Stoystown about 10 miles from the Days Inn.

And the VMOA events list is here:
http://www.vmoa.net/modules/xcenter/?storyid=67

Attachments

• Rons09 on the left.pdf
    252.5 KB · Views: 11
Well It looks like I'm going to not be able to make it to Thunder due to a couple of things. First Redbone has had a leak at the front of the driveshaft that ended up being a bad oil seal where the drive shaft goes into the final drive. An easy repair but not so fast with an extended shaft that won't come off the factory drive shaft. I tried a little heat and cold therapy but the SOB would not budge. It is now at a local machine shop getting worked on, their first attempt they could not budge it either(I feel a little vindicated when my attempts failed). He is now going to try another time without regard to the outcome of the driveshaft only goal is to get the extension free of said drive shaft. I should know by tomorrow evening if they are successful. BTW the guy that doing the work is a good friend of my buddy that I took it to for advice so I'm hoping they will have a great price for the work they are doing.
Second is work, we have had our work ramped up 5 fold in the last 2 months (I can't give specifics yet!) and we are just 3 Techs and our Director. Help is on the horizon with a new tech slated to start the first of July and she is a former IT employee of our that left for greener pastures then found them not so green.
Lastly, my sister has a bunch of house projects she wants done and I have been helping her with that list so I can keep on working on that for her.
I hope you guys have another great Thunder event and maybe we'll see ya'll next year. Ride hard and have fun!

Back