Thunder in the valley rogue ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
I have come up with a 265 mile to 300 mile scenic route that i will be riding on friday june 21. It will start and end at days inn hotel. start time will be no later than 8am and i would like to roll by 7am. I should be back to the hotel by 6pm. But like i tell my wife I will be back when i get back so dont hold me to a time. I have some info coming in the mail about the area. This ride will have Hooligans doing what us Hooligans do and thats all im going to say about that. Everyone is welcome to ride with me. And i will hand out a route for you to carry the morning of the ride. Im not the leader on this ride. Who ever wants to jump out front go for it. I made sure the route was simple to follow. If you are going on this ride let me know so i can print you directions of the route.

CAUTION: you will experierience toxic smoke with a strange burning rubber smell. rear wheeled ufo. crazy high speed winds with very loud thunder. and a beautiful scenic view............................VMAX-MIKE

The route will be kept secret util the morning of the ride.

Print me up a Route Map/Directions.
I'll be going on that ride (unless I'm too hung over). :D

I saw an interesting route essentially across PA from one end to the other in a Rider magazine that i think would be worth doing

^ I don't think a 600-700 mile ride in a day is very feasible for us.
200-300 miles round trip is much more doable.

Dont worry dave we have hooligan ways to cure hangovers. you drink two coffee and slam one beer and than we stick your head next to everyones exhaust at 7000 rpms for 5 seconds. :rofl_200:

Ride 250+ miles with hooligans,

or
Friday June 21

8:00 am Depart hotel for Breakfast- Leader- Steve Katz

8:30- 10am Breakfast - Our Coal Miners Cafe

1640 Lincoln Highway, Jennerstown, PA 15547 (814)629-5518

10:30-12:30 Yamaha dealership sponsored ride (meet at dealership below)

Super City Sports Sales- 3457 Glades Pike, Somerset, PA

12:30-1:30 Lunch- Generously provided by/at Dealership (814)445-5050

1 – 4 pm+ Dyno Shootout Event held at Days Inn back lot- $40 for 3 runs

3 – 6 pm Tech Session –Learn more about your Vmax- Topic- TBD***

Session will be held at Days Inn- Center parking lot

Head Wrenchers: Tyler Pennock & Damon Ferraiuolo

3 – 6 pm Scenic Ride – Moderate Pace- Leader: TBD***

4 - 6 pm Speed Run - Be ready to crack the throttle - Leader – TBD***

6 -7:30pm Dinner - Meet N Greet BBQ @ Days Inn Hotel ($10 pp buffet)
VMOA Store Open for business (CLOSEOUT PRICES

Dammm the decisions............... I do hate to miss a party - especially one with a buffet.....

Is this hooligan ride one that happens every year? How many guys/gals normally participate? Won't there be an especially high number of speed bumps in and around the Thunder event to have to pass? etc....?

I've never been any where near Thunder before, and don't really have a clue of what to expect.

Dennis lol how how did I come up with Dave

If we leave by 7 a.m. We can be back by five or six And still have fun at the hotel

If everybody wants to do the ride on Saturday and that's better we can do that too

Saturday, I plan on going to Johnstown for the Parade.
And there is a lot going on for Friday.
Why don't we try for Thursday ?
We are planning on riding straight through this year and should be there Wed, late afternoon or evening.

PS
And if anyone wants they can always head back early, I don't see that being a big problem.
And if you get lost on the way back, does it really matter ?
Scott Long and I got a bit lost last year on the way to Jim P's Bar-b-q and spent about 2-3 hours riding some awesome twisty back country PA roads.
We didn't care at all, we finally got there an we were both still grinning from the ride. :D

Ps
Our Spring Ice Breaker ride last year was about 260-270 Miles total and it took 7-1/2 to 8 hours total, so your time estimate is pretty accurate.

I won't be there till Thursday afternoon so I can't do it on Thursday I would like to make Sammy's ride so Friday probably works the best for me

^ You can always knock 60-90 miles or so off he ride to get us back an 1 to 1-1/2 hour earlier if needed on Friday.
Or like I said some people can just head back early if they want. :D
We can always finalize everything on Thursday, I'm pretty sure I'm in either way. :D

I'm not sure this old, fat man can keep up with Hooligans, but it sure sounds fun.

Cool im off that entire week and am planning 2 rides as well not that far though .

I just ran the numbers and dennis is right doing a scenic route with roads in the mountains It will take 6 hours to do 265 mile ride. And we need to fuel and eat. So 8 hours to do the ride is a safe number. I would like to see part of the dyno event but Im not sure i want to start the ride at 6am. 7am friday morning would work good for me but i can do 6am to get back and see the last part of the dyno event. I need to know if any of you are going on this ride so i can make up directions for you.

so far i got

me
Todd
dennis

Last edited:
I just did a pre-ride with my mouse on google maps and the rogue route has alot of twisty's and nice mountain scenery. I passed rock walls right next to the road. More mountain above you on the right and steep drop offs to the left of you. I cant wait to ride this. This route puts you on the mountain and than outside of them so you can see them. also looks like a good second gear wheelie road so im thinking curve 4 on the dyna 3000 and v-boost open.

Don't do any wheelies off the side of the mountain hotshot!!!..............:biglaugh:.................Tom.

Latest posts

Back