Thundermax speedo needed?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
So, I bought the set of radials and got them on but now I don't have a functional speedo or reserve light and it's bothering me, I've gone about 20 miles without it and it's not increasing my miles lol

So, anyone with the 17" thundercat front rim, do I require a new speedo? Can I make the old one work?

Well Sean sells the GPS speedo, and with that it doesnt matter what size the front wheel is.

The options that I have on mine are a 160 speedo....a 10k tach with shift light. Total miles...mileage in between fill ups...0 - 60 times. ..1/4 mile times. Top speed and max rpms. Also current elevation. You can also get turn signal indicators....and high beam indicators. You can also choose the color of the gauge color at night. I have mine as red.

Even after disconnecting the hot wire....it still held the memory of total mileage.

EDIT** Added some pics

Attachments

• 20150429_182902[1].jpg
    20150429_182902[1].jpg
    44 KB · Views: 35
  • 20150429_182853[1].jpg
    20150429_182853[1].jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20150428_222449[1].jpg
    20150428_222449[1].jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20150429_182834[1].jpg
    20150429_182834[1].jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
The options that I have on mine are a 160 speedo....a 10k tach with shift light. Total miles...mileage in between fill ups...0 - 60 times. ..1/4 mile times. Top speed and max rpms. Also current elevation. You can also get turn signal indicators....and high beam indicators. You can also choose the color of the gauge color at night. I have mine as red.

Even after disconnecting the hot wire....it still held the memory of total mileage.

EDIT** Added some pics

That thing is badass, so I suppose it's just a bolt - set - and go type set up?

How much does a red one exactly as yours is run?

That thing is badass, so I suppose it's just a bolt - set - and go type set up?

How much does a red one exactly as yours is run?

It is a bolt on and go. You do need to run a hot wire (keyed), a hot all of the time, and a tach wire. You can tap into the tach wire for the stock tach. I used posi-taps, so it was VERY easy.

You will have to get with Sean on the price. I was the first person to order, so I got mine at cost. The cup that I have is metal, and powder coated, but he has plastic ones as well.

The gauge isnt water proof, but it is water resistant, and I aimed a garden hose at mine, and left the bike in the rain and havent had any problems. PLUS...its under warranty if there are issues.

I like it! Is there an option to set the starting mileage, or are you stuck with forever having the wrong total mileage shown?

I like it! Is there an option to set the starting mileage, or are you stuck with forever having the wrong total mileage shown?

I couldnt figure it out, and it wasnt in the directions. It makes sense not being able to change the mileage....because then whats to stop someone from ever changing it back.

I look at it this way, if you ever have to change a speedometer anyways...it wont be the "actual" mileage after that.

And I might still get one of those speedos from Sean since it would be cool to start the mileage from 0 with me riding it xD But since I can't afford anything over 100 right now (I'd hate to ask sean to take split payments even though he probably would) I think I'll do the temp fix for now and get the GPS unit later.

Try on Vmaxchat.co.uk about the thundercat conversion. I'm not sure the gearing matches our speedo for some reason.

Latest posts

Back