tighten up speedo housing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
ok, the speedo and housing on my bike seem loose.(theres the speedo, rubber oring, then housing.) how the heck do you tighten the two pcs together? i havent removed it from the bike but i dont see any screws to tighten... they arent just clamped together are they?

there is a screw where the cable goes in IIRC

ok that sounds simple enough. just from a quick glance ( the bike is outside my window here at work) it doesnt appear to complicated to remove the speedo. i just didnt want to remove it and find out that it was not needed. basically just need to remove the bracket that the front turn signals mount to and then it looks like id have full access to the 2 bolts that hold the speedo bracket on. just remove those, pull the housing off, then tighten the screw on the bottom side by the cable right?

you may not even have to pull those two bolts holding it on.

the right screwdriver and you MIGHT (been a while since I had the stock equiptment up there so forgive me if Im wrong) be able to just tighten them up OVER that bracket.

Mine used to kind of vibrate/bounce around a lot. The bracket mount bolts were fine but from the bracket to the speedo had worked loose a bit. Discovered it while I had the speedo apart to swap in LED bulbs.....just put everything back together tightly and no more issues.

Back