Time to let two 85's go in Iowa City..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
Morning folks..

I've decided to put my two 85 vmax's up for sale.. One I bought brand new in 86 and it's pretty much stock and runs well. The other one was built by Jon Cornell rip and I installed Rick Bachmann millennium true ram air scoops on it which are no longer available. Both could use some maintenance though.

Anyway, I never thought I would do this, but I divorced 8 years ago so it's all me. I bought a second property to retire on in the sticks on gravel where my GF lives so I can't ride from there anyway.. Own two trucks and a car, three motorcycles and all the crap my family left behind.. It's just too much junk for one guy to maintain or even need, and my possessions are weighing me down.. I'm also damn lucky to have survived, both the X and the motorcycles.

So just throwing this out there if there's anyone in the Iowa City area.

thumbnail_IMG_0054.jpg

Last edited:
Morning folks..

I've decided to put my two 85 vmax's up for sale.. One I bought brand new in 86 and it's pretty much stock and runs well. The other one was built by Jon Cornell rip and I installed Rick Bachmann true ram air scoops on it. Both could use some maintenance though.

Anyway, I never thought I would do this, but I divorced 8 years ago so it's all me. I bought a second property to retire on in the sticks on gravel where my GF lives so I can't ride from there anyway.. Own two trucks and a car, three motorcycles and all the crap my family left behind.. It's just too much junk for one guy to maintain or even need, and my possessions are weighing me down.. I'm also damn lucky to have survived, both the X and the motorcycles.

View attachment 78063
WHAT R YOU LOOKING TO GET FOR THIS PRETTY BOY.I'M IN MINNEAPOLIS MN WITH A TRAILER

Rebar , Glad to see your still around.
I should have gotten a hold of you. When I was making weekly trips to iowa city.Wife had stem cell transplant.at UIHC.
If you ever travel near Des Moines.give me a shout. PM me if you have any spare parts.I might be interested in.

How much for them? I can't afford the UFO built one but maybe the stock one

I didn't post this in the for sale section because I'm hoping someone local will swing over and look them over and make a offer..

Usually when folks are a long ways away, there's endless emails etc etc..

I know what I paid for them, but havent come up with a price as of yet..

I know what I paid for them, but havent come up with a price as of yet..

Well that's something you need to overcome. If you are intent on selling then you need to come up with a realistic price. We have the Internet at our fingertips so it should not be difficult to find out what similar ones sold for.

Even if say you make a loss, divide that amount over the years you are expected to be on this planet and that sum won't be that lathe. In the end its just stuff.

In the end its just stuff.

Exactly.

This isn't a divorce sale and I don't need the money but Ive got so much stuff, Its overwhelming..

You can fit allot of crap in a 4 bedroom house.

If you are intent on selling then you need to come up with a realistic price. We have the Internet at our fingertips so it should not be difficult to find out what similar ones sold for.

Not so much the ufo because I found out after I bought it I paid to much. Only way to know what similar ones sold for is ebays completed listing because everything else are asking prices.

Last edited:
Only way to know what similar ones sold for is ebays completed listing because everything else are asking prices.
yes - and on other websites you could always contact the seller to ask what it sold for.
I've noticed with ebay that in the past sold listings with 'best offer' used to show the price sold, this changed a while back so it is no longer shown.

Another thing to try is websites like we have over here in UK advertsiing along the lines of "we buy any car/motorcycle/van" where you put in details of the vehicle and they come back with a price, typically a very low one ..... although for my car they offered £ 150 (basically scrap value) but the Vmax at £ 4000.

ultimately it is down to how much the buyer is willing to pay.
So it is similar to any item you win on ebay, whcih is because nobody else thought is was worth as much so you have overpaid!!! LOL

Last edited:
ultimately it is down to how much the buyer is willing to pay.
So it is similar to any item you win on ebay, whcih is because nobody else thought is was worth as much so you have overpaid!!! LOL

I had some jingle in my pocket, had a family who helped around the house and HAD to have a true ram air Vmax.

Things have changed but I'm keeping the DRZ because riding trails in the rockies is something everyone needs to put on their bucket list. But "been there done that" so maybe I should sell it too and just be happy with this view and do some gardening..

67745694_2415676798479679_5013941372491661312_o.jpg

Morning folks..

I've decided to put my two 85 vmax's up for sale.. One I bought brand new in 86 and it's pretty much stock and runs well. The other one was built by Jon Cornell rip and I installed Rick Bachmann true ram air scoops on it. Both could use some maintenance though.

View attachment 78063
Does this have the illusions paint? This looks like the one I sold in WI in 2010 but it had chromed oem scoops and a Kerker system. It would be awesome if it was!

Does this have the illusions paint? This looks like the one I sold in WI in 2010 but it had chromed oem scoops and a Kerker system. It would be awesome if it was!

Yes it does. It had stacks and a beat up kerker I replaced. Bought it from a guy in centerville iowa who's name escapes me. But Ive had it longer than 11 years I think.

Yes it does. It had stacks and a beat up kerker I replaced. Bought it from a guy in centerville iowa who's name escapes me. But Ive had it longer than 11 years I think.
Yes, that's my bike I'm sure ha ha! I had Jon Cornell put my front from my 93 on it that's why the front isn't an 85. I also had Mario make the bar end mirrors. I'd like to talk to you, text or call please.
414-484-0357
Eric

Latest posts

Back