Timing retard eliminator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many of you won't give a rat's butt about this, but I just ordered myself maybe 9 additional horsepower, this afternoon. And, it cost me a whopping $129.

The B-King is limited in throttle response in the lower gears by electronic timing retard. There have been timing retard eliminators you could get that would do away with the timing retard, but it also disabled the on-dash gear display, mapping you to 4th gear (an unrestricted gear on the B-King) all the time.

The folks that make the GIPRO have just released a new model (X-TRE) that removes all the electronic hanky panky, giving you full throttle response in every gear. (And it disables the 150 mph limit on the B-King.)

Linkage

Why would you care? Might be good to bookmark this site if you've got a new Max on order. I suspect you'll be playing these games, too.

Now, in my case, if they could just eliminate the retard behind the handlebars.

Jayhawk, doesn't the new 'Busa have TR too? I know the ZX14 does.

Many of you won't give a rat's butt about this, but I just ordered myself maybe 9 additional horsepower, this afternoon. And, it cost me a whopping $129.

The B-King is limited in throttle response in the lower gears by electronic timing retard. There have been timing retard eliminators you could get that would do away with the timing retard, but it also disabled the on-dash gear display, mapping you to 4th gear (an unrestricted gear on the B-King) all the time.

The folks that make the GIPRO have just released a new model (X-TRE) that removes all the electronic hanky panky, giving you full throttle response in every gear. (And it disables the 150 mph limit on the B-King.)

Linkage

Why would you care? Might be good to bookmark this site if you've got a new Max on order. I suspect you'll be playing these games, too.

Now, in my case, if they could just eliminate the retard behind the handlebars.

Jayhawk-Is this the first year Suzuki has had the limited throttle response on their bikes? Or is this something that's been around for a while?

Wonder how long before this stuff will be on the market for the '09. Actually, it's probably in production already.

Being a kinder, gentler poster here...........leaving that last sentence alone!! :biglaugh:

Danny, I'm not sure. I think it's a fairly recent phenomenon, but not sure when it started.

And, I knew any post of mine with the word 'retard' in it would be immediately hit out of the park...so, I took the shot myself.

The funny part of all of this will be when I try and install the damn thing myself. By the time I'm finished, I'll probably have it inside the muffler.

Danny, I'm not sure. I think it's a fairly recent phenomenon, but not sure when it started.

And, I knew any post of mine with the word 'retard' in it would be immediately hit out of the park...so, I took the shot myself.

The funny part of all of this will be when I try and install the damn thing myself. By the time I'm finished, I'll probably have it inside the muffler.

Have you seen a pic of the the thing, or a schematic? That electronic stuff is way outside of my 'comfort zone,' I read Mark's posts on that stuff and go into cold sweats thinking my turn at it is probably on the way.

Got my respect man, good luck with it. :worthy:

Have you seen a pic of the the thing, or a schematic? That electronic stuff is way outside of my 'comfort zone,' I read Mark's posts on that stuff and go into cold sweats thinking my turn at it is probably on the way.

Got my respect man, good luck with it. :worthy:

I feel your pain. But, here's a pic:

xtre_kit.jpg

Only supposed to have to splice into one wire, allegedly. The rest the wiring is all to the OEM connectors. We shall see. They don't start shipping the things until September 1, or so. So, I have time to enjoy my bike before I turn it into a permanent fixture in my garage. :ummm:

All the really high performance bikes have been doing this for a while. The Busa since introduction. Supposedly it keeps the squids from killing themselves as quickly. Cuts down on wheelies, etc. Goes away in higher gears as wheelies and wheelspin are less likely. Everyone I know with a Busa, ZX14, ZX1000, etc has a TRE and a programmable computer ( Dyna Commander, etc) to get rid of top speed limiters and to allow re-mapping. That is one of the greatest benefits of fuel injection in my opinion. Never have to re-jet. :clapping:

My 2003 Suzuki SV1000S had a TR in it.. I put the TRE in it and it was a huge difference...

For my bike it really smoothed out the ride too, especially that no throttle to just a little jerkiness.

My 2003 Suzuki SV1000S had a TR in it.. I put the TRE in it and it was a huge difference...

For my bike it really smoothed out the ride too, especially that no throttle to just a little jerkiness.

Really? Had one in mine which promptly came out with the addition of the PCIIIusb. Setting the TPS and T/B's on a FI bike goes a L-O-N-G way to providing smoother/better power.

Just a simple resistor is all you need to get rid of the TR. Nothing more nothing less...

Latest posts

Back