tire load index question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juhl-drengen

Reaction score
So everyone.

I'm a lucky man, i recently discovered my vmax gen 1 has 17 inch wheels. (it's only a couple of months ago i got the bike, so yeah im a fool i know)

and they dont need to be replaced right now, but for a future change i better do this research.

At the rear my current tire is a 170/60-17 (i cant remember the load index for this tire right now but the original is 74), at the change i would like to go 180 i think i have the space, so the options would be for an example:

Pirelli Angel ST 180/55-17 73W

or

Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 180/60-17 75W

The 180/60 tyre does have a higher load index than the original tire so no problem there BUT the 180/60 is almost double as expensive as the 180/55 tires (and i like the idea of a little lower profile)

The problem with the 180/55 tire is that it only has a load index of 73 in contrast to the original 74 tire (about 10 kg less)

Would this be a problem? and/or how do i find the maximum axle pressure of the vmax?.

Thanks for your help! :)

The load index isn't going to matter much unless you AND a passenger both weight 300+ lbs

thats only about 136 kg? i weigh about 90 kg my self... And the misses do weigh more than 40 kg lol..

Back