Tire mounting and balancing in MA

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys was hoping for some advice. Just called the local yamaha dealer and they want $150 to mount and balance 2 tires if brought in off the bike. Anyone know of a place on the east coast of MA or southern NH that can save me some $. Thanks for any replys. Ride hard, stay upright!!

Hey guys was hoping for some advice. Just called the local yamaha dealer and they want $150 to mount and balance 2 tires if brought in off the bike. Anyone know of a place on the east coast of MA or southern NH that can save me some $. Thanks for any replys. Ride hard, stay upright!!

Ridiculous!
The local HD dealer in my town charges $20.00 per tire, if brought in off the bike. Other dealers in the area charge no more than $30.00.
If I were you, I would call Yamaha/USA , and report this matter.
Cheers!

The kawasaki dealer here is 30 per tire with be bringing everything to them.

Where in mass R U?, never mind I see your in Andover. Have you called around?

I've called a few other places, also spoke with a few other riders. I've gotten a couple names from guys and im sure it will be cheaper. It can't be more expensive! Lol. I only tried the dealer first because I know the place and they've done work on friends bikes. I will never go their again. A drive the bike like it was meant to be driven, so I figured with the vmax's already evident handling issues that need to be addressed I shouldn't try to balance them myself or have the cheapest guy balance them. $160 to high speed balance 2 tires is a very poor way for a dealer to keep a customer going there. North Reading Yamaha in MA! Thanks for the input and advice. I've learned so much on here about my new ride. What a great bike

Razee's in North Kingstown RI just did mine for $32 a tire. Although it is a bit of a ride for you, I own a restaurant a few miles away and be happy to have a nice cold something while you wait.

Christian

I checked with a dealer kinda near me and they wanted 381 for installing shinko's (verge) .That's with them supplying both front and rear (240 ) on bike . I haven't priced out tires yet so not sure if its a good deal or not .

The tires are $154 for the pair from revzilla. Thank you very much for the offer in RI, would love to but, had a few issues today. Looked at my back rotor and it's cracked so it's not getting driven till I get a rotor. Guess the brakes wanted some attention too lol. I really don't care I love the bike. It's all original so 13yrs out of a rotor is pretty good. RI really sounded good to. Enjoy the weather guys!

The tires are $154 for the pair from revzilla. Thank you very much for the offer in RI, would love to but, had a few issues today. Looked at my back rotor and it's cracked so it's not getting driven till I get a rotor. Guess the brakes wanted some attention too lol. I really don't care I love the bike. It's all original so 13yrs out of a rotor is pretty good. RI really sounded good to. Enjoy the weather guys!

If there are 3 cracks....equidistant apart...kinda at an angle? Those are normal....its part of the casting process.

If there are 3 cracks....equidistant apart...kinda at an angle? Those are normal....its part of the casting process.

Beat me to it, Hawk.
Yup, three straight divisions, approx. 7 1/4" apart at the inside diameter. I believe they allow a little expansion and contraction, to resist warping of the rotor.

DON'T bring this up with that dealership that wants to empty your wallet for changing tires!
He most likely would agree that it is cracked,..... knowing it isn't......and want to sell you a slightly used one, at the bargain price of $ 685.99
"Just for you, only today, because I like you"
Cheers, good luck with your new bike!:punk:

I wish I could post a pic, I'll figure out how soon. It's one line completely across with a chip where it starts on the inside, closest to the hub

For those of you having issues posting on here or starting a thread, I made this video of how to start a thread on a VB site like this. It's NOT this site but they are essentially the same. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-5edJMRRQk

Thanks to Chris here is a 'how to' which includes how to post a picture.
Let us know if you still have questions on this process.

Here are some pictures of my old rotors:
IMG_2058.jpg IMG_2059.jpg IMG_2060.jpg IMG_2061.jpg

The matchsticks line up with the 3 expansion joints (or "cracks", if you will) in case they are hard to see. They are relieved (rounded) at the inside of brake pad area.
I hope this helps to explain/ show what to look for on yours.

+1 to Dave's response, I changed from the stockers to wavy discs (292mm) for improved braking and also looks. They were a major improvement over the stockers.

Back