Tire pressure indicator caps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
When I saw these things @ an auto parts store I thought they would be a good idea to use on the max but was concerned about ( would they mess up the balancing?) so I decided to try a 40 psi and test it on the max.
I was able to use it only on the front 17 Kosman, it cleared the brake caliper by ~ 6mm or 1/8th inch, as for the rear Kosman it has not enough clearance to fit :damn angry: but they will fit the stock max wheels I think , check clearance of calipers.
A quick visual check before riding from cold is all it takes, I checked tire presser with an accurate gauge and confirmed the cap accuracy several times
I feel no vibration at all.
The most accurate way to ensure perfect balance would be to dynamicly balance the tire with caps on.
________
RV125

Attachments

• Tire pressure indicator caps.jpg
    Tire pressure indicator caps.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I am sorry to say that the pressure indicator cap indicated the pressure is right but when I measured it 2 weeks later I found the pressure 23psi instead of 38 that I had.
Apparently these things are inaccurate:(
________
DX5

Last edited:
shawn kloker said:
Better start looking for leaks.

I know I have a very slow leak from the valve stem of kosman, I'll deal with it when changing the front tire and use some kind of sealer,do you recommend a certain sealer for that job?
Thanks
________
buy vaporizers

Last edited:
firefly said:
I am sorry to say that the pressure indicator cap indicated the pressure is right but when I measured it 2 weeks later I found the pressure 23psi instead of 38 that I had.
Apparently these things are inaccurate:(
I had those caps on my wife's last car because I was tired of seeing her car in the driveway with nearly flat tires!:hmmm: But I found the same thing as you, they would show that the pressure was OK but if you checked, they would be down up to 10 pounds. I wouldn't be surprised if the air is leaking through from these caps.

Latest posts

Back