Tire questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 2009 Vmax or a 2010 what is the widest rear tire that will fit on the stock wheel?

I'm looking at buying a 2009 Vmax or a 2010 what is the widest rear tire that will fit on the stock wheel?

200 MM on the stock wheel.

There is a Wide Wheel kit from Yamaha that fits a 240.

Thanks for the heads up but I read that putting a larger tire other than the factory size wheel can affect your riding, turning corner Etc.

respectfully - H O R S E C H I T ! Unless you are competing at race track levels, you will quickly learn to keep up with your buddies on the street using a 240.

respectfully - H O R S E C H I T ! Unless you are competing at race track levels, you will quickly learn to keep up with your buddies on the street using a 240.

Not what your issue is but I choose to stay with the stock rear tire. I read that I would have to buy a kit to go with a 240MM either way I am sticking with the factory rear time and wheel.

Yes, I can vouch for that, Jim keeps up quite nicely. But that 240 does make his butt look big!:rofl_200:

Back