Tires to old?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you tackle the vendor it may be worthwhile speaking to the tyre manufacturer to get their views on fitting tyres of this age.

So your input defines this Forum. There was another long series of digits opposite side that put the tire at about 16 months old. I'm down with that. 6 inch's of Snow down south at the moment so riding most definitely hit a stop sign.

Oh and as to the need for me to explain my connection to the Bike and my Experiences or lack of Wisdom concerning it. I will decide when my instruction to this Forum is complete as I'm just coming into the world of Smart Phones and their Capabilities recently and yes it Sucks I'm 46 and just now coming into y'all's world. big Shout Out and thank You To the 99.99% of the kind folks in this Forum that realize I'm still learning how to Navigate without hearing BS complaining of what might seem repetitive coming from me. Without feeling the need to blow you Nuts Up in a manner that makes them feel Superior while more then likely sitting in a room or Car All alone. I'm as kind as they come but in person I demand respect simply because I show it. I challenge folks that feel the need to speak in what might be a Smart Manner to others utilize the Private sector of your Forum to do so. Other wise your Just Dick. Hope you all have a great a Safe Monday

Yes, the other photo had 7906.

How can that be correct as there are only 52 weeks in a year unless it's a leap year when there are 57... or is that the number of varieties?

There must be another numbering system involved.
I figured that out.

I spoke with the manager of Mavis tires as I had new Continentals put on my Volvo. That is the wrong number and has nothing to do with the date of manufacture.

In the United States the number will ALWAYS be after the letters DOT (Department of Transportation). On my Metzler's, there is a number like that (the 7906) out there in the middle of nowhere by itself, but on the other side there's the DOT then XE then Y0 then a B1234 (forget the number) and finally in a small oval the number 5212. So December of 2012.

So your input defines this Forum. There was another long series of digits opposite side that put the tire at about 16 months old. I'm down with that. 6 inch's of Snow down south at the moment so riding most definitely hit a stop sign.

Oh and as to the need for me to explain my connection to the Bike and my Experiences or lack of Wisdom concerning it. I will decide when my instruction to this Forum is complete as I'm just coming into the world of Smart Phones and their Capabilities recently and yes it Sucks I'm 46 and just now coming into y'all's world. big Shout Out and thank You To the 99.99% of the kind folks in this Forum that realize I'm still learning how to Navigate without hearing BS complaining of what might seem repetitive coming from me. Without feeling the need to blow you Nuts Up in a manner that makes them feel Superior while more then likely sitting in a room or Car All alone. I'm as kind as they come but in person I demand respect simply because I show it. I challenge folks that feel the need to speak in what might be a Smart Manner to others utilize the Private sector of your Forum to do so. Other wise your Just Dick. Hope you all have a great a Safe Monday

Every so often I read a post in which I have no idea what the author is going on about. This is one of them.

I was quoted 'Before you tackle the vendor it may be worthwhile speaking to the tyre manufacturer to get their views on fitting tyres of this age.'
Quite how the quote 'defines' this forum' escapes me and even more so the rest of the rant.

The post ends 'I challenge folks that feel the need to speak in what might be a Smart Manner to others utilize the Private sector of your Forum to do so.'
If going to the manufacturer to establish some facts rather than base a decision on opinion is 'speaking in what might be a Smart Manner' then mia culpa.

Perhaps Mr Porter IV could explain without resorting to insults?

Every so often I read a post in which I have no idea what the author is going on about. This is one of them.

I was quoted 'Before you tackle the vendor it may be worthwhile speaking to the tyre manufacturer to get their views on fitting tyres of this age.'
Quite how the quote 'defines' this forum' escapes me and even more so the rest of the rant.

The post ends 'I challenge folks that feel the need to speak in what might be a Smart Manner to others utilize the Private sector of your Forum to do so.'
If going to the manufacturer to establish some facts rather than base a decision on opinion is 'speaking in what might be a Smart Manner' then mia culpa.

Perhaps Mr Porter IV could explain without resorting to insults?
I cannot see where anyone insulted you either C_P_IV.

It makes no difference if you posted the numbers incorrectly at the beginning of the discussion, infact it helps others to realise how easy it is to make that mistake, points out that UK and US both have DoT before the date code, and there is a German standard that covers the question of time limit on what defines a new tyre.

I never knew at least two of the points above before you posted the question, and it saved me making a complaint to Black Circle Tyres that only last week fitted two new tyres (two years old) to my wife’s wee puddle jumper Ecosport, and they quote that German standard online. So the original question and following posts have been very much worthwhile, thanks for the education on that oddball subject, and to add; very few people out there know that much about tyres.

Every day is a school day (if you want it that way). If everyone got their Y-fronts knotted up over getting something wrong, then it would be a very lonely forum.

Back