Tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently have a stock rear (200 size) and stock front (130 size). But I picked up a wide wheel kit and it has the Metzler on it. Once I am able to put a new matching set, it will be Michelin 240 and 130. That is the combo that I had on my M109. They are nicely rounded and really take the curves nicely.
Is it not 120 front that are stock size?

I currently have a stock rear (200 size) and stock front (130 size). But I picked up a wide wheel kit and it has the Metzler on it. Once I am able to put a new matching set, it will be Michelin 240 and 130. That is the combo that I had on my M109. They are nicely rounded and really take the curves nicely.

hi I have a gen 2 Vmaxwhere did you get the 240 kit from? i am contemplating changing my stock tires for a wider one. Thanks.

Running Avon Cobra Chrome (200 size) rear, so far it is the best I have ever used, I also use it for racing.
On the road 35psi works for me best, for racing 15psi with a 6000RPM launch works best for me.

Stock size, it's hard to beat the Shinko 011 Verge front and rear. I run the rear Shinko at about 30 PSI and have had very good results. It warms up quickly and hooks up well. If you can resist the urge to do too many burnouts, it also gives pretty good mileage, all at a good price. If running the 240 size rear I have switched to the Dunlop Q3. Its a dual compound and so far has been as good as the Shinko. For the front, the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II.

Same as above. I have the 240 rear and use the Dunlop Q3, with the roadsmart II on the front. Good pairing, and good mileage. I got about 8000 miles out of the rear. Front still has good tread but it cupped enough Im going to replace it. PUtting the OEM rim back on the bike with Shinko Verge 011s front/back. The 240 is great for looks and traction but its a workout in the turns, especially when it gets fairly worn and squared off.

I seen that someone put a size 17 instead of using an 18 on their bike. Does anyone really know the pros and cons of changing the size of your tires do??

The 17" gives more tire selections and is shorter in overall height for quicker acceleration.

Yes make a Vmax even quicker. Woohooo. But yes it would open up plethora of choices and possibly cheaper as well. But... That would be the only advantage. You'll be lowering the center of gravity which is easier but going over speed bumps you could be sacrificing your headers or your undercarriage of some nature.

I do like the idea of getting the bike to go quicker.
So shopping for some 17" rims and tires will next on the list then.
Thanks for the input

Same as above. I have the 240 rear and use the Dunlop Q3, with the roadsmart II on the front. Good pairing, and good mileage. I got about 8000 miles out of the rear. Front still has good tread but it cupped enough Im going to replace it. PUtting the OEM rim back on the bike with Shinko Verge 011s front/back. The 240 is great for looks and traction but its a workout in the turns, especially when it gets fairly worn and squared off.
hey buddy did you ever have rubbing the swing arm issues with that Q3 as i have the michelin and it rubs just a touch....

Back