Tiumph Bonnie concept bike. I like it!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the front end. They did a good job providing links to past bikes in Triumph's past. Maybe the girder front ends were more spindly then, but this is 'a modern take on a classically-designed bike,' yes?

It works being black to minimize the massive appearance of the girders. Elementally, it works cohesively to convey lightness, high style, and function, while still retaining practicality, for the rider, if not for any passenger.

My opinion is that the most beautiful mcy tank ever created is the 1960's Triiumph twin wasp-waist tank, and this also presents strongly-sculpted side elements which are very pleasing to the eye from different perspectives.

These two have a creative talent which has been realized here, and Triumph was prescient to fund their work with support for this initial effort. It looks much better than the Ogle Design attempts which arose from the 'old' Triumph.

I have posted a couple examples of English girder front-ends from-which the designers could have drawn inspiration. Shots were taken at the 2011 Boca Raton FL Concours hosted by Jay Leno.

Attachments

• 2011 Boca Raton Concours 025.jpg
    2011 Boca Raton Concours 025.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2011 Boca Raton Concours 031.jpg
    2011 Boca Raton Concours 031.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I like the front end. They did a good job providing links to past bikes in Triumph's past. Maybe the girder front ends were more spindly then, but this is 'a modern take on a classically-designed bike,' yes?

It works being black to minimize the massive appearance of the girders. Elementally, it works cohesively to convey lightness, high style, and function, while still retaining practicality, for the rider, if not for any passenger.

My opinion is that the most beautiful mcy tank ever created is the 1960's Triiumph twin wasp-waist tank, and this also presents strongly-sculpted side elements which are very pleasing to the eye from different perspectives.

These two have a creative talent which has been realized here, and Triumph was prescient to fund their work with support for this initial effort. It looks much better than the Ogle Design attempts which arose from the 'old' Triumph.

Wow! That's bringing artistic critique to the bike forum! :punk:

My first impression was that the bodywork of the bike, including the droop of the bars and the gentle curve of the headlight casing are in stark contrast to the straight line down the middle of the girder, and the obviously harsh sword shape seems out of context on the bike.

But, to their credit, they bought the same lines into play with the rear of the frame and the swingarm. The more I look at it, the more I appreciate the contrast between those parts and the rest of the bike. Maybe even more than the classic bike style that they are working from.

Now, I'm going to need my cravat and flat cap, and perhaps a pipe to continue this discussion properly. :biglaugh:

Edit : and by gosh I've learned myself the meaning of r?ussite!

Me like, me want. Why don't they just build 1,000 copies and see what happens. I would like to a factory concept windscreen ala cafe racer style.

That bike would have fit right in with Brando's, Wild One... Awesome...

Nice bike...I like the modern technology with vintage styling. I would ride one from bar to bar..not much further though.

Latest posts

Back