Todays paint project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I very seldom paint any more but a buddy talked me into painting his chopper so I done this job today with Chrystal FX. Its the first time I have used this stuff in about 6 years overall I am pretty happy. Its hard to get the total effect in pics . Its not perfect but nice Now Christine wants her bike done with it.

Attachments

• final FX 001.jpg
    final FX 001.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 50
  • final FX 002.jpg
    final FX 002.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 52
  • final FX 003.jpg
    final FX 003.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 48
  • final FX 004.jpg
    final FX 004.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 42
  • final FX 005.jpg
    final FX 005.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 51
  • final FX 006.jpg
    final FX 006.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 44
  • final FX 007.jpg
    final FX 007.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 47
Looks good, Kyle! It reminds me of the Saran Wrap applied to the wet color coat in the 1970's for the 'scratched' effect. That was after the lace-as-a-stencil era.

Never is lol. I have some of the chrome stuff but need to try and see if I can replicate their application techniques.

Sean

That's totally cool Kyle! I like it.
How the hell is it done like that? Stencil?
The finish looks pretty nice in the pics. :biglaugh:

edit : I just saw another post with pics of some sort of crystals between coats.

Well I very seldom paint any more but a buddy talked me into painting his chopper so I done this job today with Chrystal FX. Its the first time I have used this stuff in about 6 years overall I am pretty happy. Its hard to get the total effect in pics . Its not perfect but nice Now Christine wants her bike done with it.

Wow....great work!

Well I am sure it was not easy to do but it look great in the photo's. I like the effect it is cool looking.

Never is lol. I have some of the chrome stuff but need to try and see if I can replicate their application techniques.

Sean
BUff Buff Buff ! I helped a friend out with it in Texas he done the spraying im pretty sure I can do it after helping him with his trial & error. You really have sand & buff the intercoat clear untill its like glass.

Back