Tony Chachere's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used them. I like the cajun the best and as far as the injectables I use the honey BBQ and Garlic and Herb. good stuff !

Are Creole and Cajun the same? I love blackened Cajun stuff. :clapping:

I'm not sure, I had a creole injectable marinade from a different maker. It was killer too but honestly I didn't look at the ingredients.

The cajun dry spices has a nice little kick to them, as with any pepper spice blend the more you add the more heat you get.

Just looked this up:

Q.gif
What is the difference between Cajun and Creole seasoning?

A.gif
In broad terms, Creole cooking is city cooking, based on French traditions, but with influences from Spain, Africa, Germany, Italy, the West Indies, etc. Cajun cooking is peasant food, the cooking the Acadians (later Cajuns) developed as they learned to live in the south Louisiana swamps. Creole food is more refined and subtler. Cajun food is pungent and more highly spiced.

I'm not sure, I had a creole injectable marinade from a different maker. It was killer too but honestly I didn't look at the ingredients.

The cajun dry spices has a nice little kick to them, as with any pepper spice blend the more you add the more heat you get.

Just looked this up:

Q.gif
What is the difference between Cajun and Creole seasoning?

A.gif
In broad terms, Creole cooking is city cooking, based on French traditions, but with influences from Spain, Africa, Germany, Italy, the West Indies, etc. Cajun cooking is peasant food, the cooking the Acadians (later Cajuns) developed as they learned to live in the south Louisiana swamps. Creole food is more refined and subtler. Cajun food is pungent and more highly spiced.

Hey, thanks KJ! That makes sense, Creole seasoning evolved to satisfy the "refined" palate, Cajun...just to cover up the smelly catfish spoiling in the hot sun!!

Doesn't matter, blackened cajun gator tail is to die for!! :worthy:

Latest posts

Back