Too much resistance??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcoop99

Reaction score
Just did the Motodynamic CBR600 taillight mod and it works great! Integrated turn signals work great (no fast flash) or anything. Well, that was with the stock FRONT signals. I then proceeded to upgrade to LED turns on the front. I added a 3 Ohm 10 watt resistor in line on each signal. When I did that, only 4 of the leds in the front signal would come on :ummm: If I take the resistor off, they work but have the fast flash. Anyone have any ideas? Can I get a 3 Ohm 5 watt reistor? I am wondering since the rear has the resistors already, if that has something to do with it. I am pretty electronically illiterate so if what I just said makes no sense, let me know!! Thanks guys!

Do you know how many ohms the rear resistors are?
Also, did you check it with the engine running and a fully charged battery?

3 Ohm 5 watt resistor will be the same. Maybe try a 2 Ohm resistor.

I would get a decent multimeter and measure the resistance of an OEM blinker.

Then do the same with the CBR tailight ones, and your new front ones.

Should give you all you need, and then you can get the right value resistors. The wattage makes no difference to the blinking, only to how hot they run. The value in Ω (ohm) is what's important.

Did not try with bike on. I guess since the rear worked while key was on that the front would as well. I will give that a try and keep you posted. Thank you!

Got it guys! Fired the bike up and they worked! Just when I thought I thought of the simple things first....

Back