Too old to ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That is what the wife says. 74 years old and still riding a Harley Deluxe and an 88 Vmax. Been riding forever and have had a Rocket 3, VTX 1800, Harley Deuce with built engine. Many more. I might be almost too old to ride, I don't open the Vmax wide open in first gear like I would have back in the day.

That is what the wife says. 74 years old and still riding a Harley Deluxe and an 88 Vmax. Been riding forever and have had a Rocket 3, VTX 1800, Harley Deuce with built engine. Many more. I might be almost too old to ride, I don't open the Vmax wide open in first gear like I would have back in the day.
74 yrs. young and just gettin going! Ride on brother!

I think the mindset will never be ready to give it up. The issue is when your age induces physical limitations that affect your riding ability. I am not looking forward to that day myself.

Seems to depend on the person. My best friend died a couple weeks ago of "Old age" at 61. I have another friend that is 90 and still runs a manual bandsaw sawmill and turns logs by hand.

Life style, exercise and genetics. IMO

When in Doubt, Throttle Out. That's what my dad told me an he's 82 still riding his 85 KZ1300. I hope in the next 20yrs, I feel the same way. I'm 52 an if I pass U on the right, your an idiot. I remember on 2 to 4 lane hi-way traffic signs, slower traffic keep right. On a 2 lane highway after a no passing zone there was a sign that sad pass with care.

Well it’s that vmax keep you young and happy keep it up sir and wife will be happy forever
Gorki @54 now with 2019 max

57 and just got my Gen 2 a year ago, before that I had a couple Gen 1s I’ve been riding since my teens. No quitting anytime soon as long as I’m healthy enough. I have seen a couple Gen 1 trikes that I definitely would ride once I can no longer ride a two wheeler. I can see going back to a Gen 1 one day because the Gen 2 is a bull to ride.

I am in my mid 50's myself and considering slowing down a bit and letting go of the Vmax and maybe get a Gold Wing.

Greetings from Alton in Ontario Canada. I am riding a 2007 V Max ( Gen1). The V Max was my Dream Bike when I migrated from Pakistan to Canada in 1976. I am 74 and only got the V Max 3 years ago. before that I had a FJR 1300. I really enjoy the V Max.

Back