Took a busa for a squirt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

Reaction score
And was impressed. Except for the riding position ( which suits high speed) the package was awesome. Best top gear roll-on that I've ridden.
:eusa_dance:
Also the best pacman run I've had in a while. Has anyone compared a 2nd gen vmax to the latest busa or 14?:punk:

I have ridden both back to back..
The Busa was an 06 (Stock with slipons) My Gen II not stock...
I am a fan of the Busa, I also like the riding position as well...
No where near the torque, but good pull once you get it going.
I have raced several relatively stock Busa on the road and I spank them up till about 140, then they just roll on by.
A Gen I or II busa is on my to buy list.... Probably a Gen I as I like the dashes better.

Busa with a "better" riding position is a B-King. Same motor, same thrill ride when I crack the throttle, impossible to keep the front wheel on the ground in the first three gears. Got one. Love it.

Busa with a "better" riding position is a B-King. Same motor, same thrill ride when I crack the throttle, impossible to keep the front wheel on the ground in the first three gears. Got one. Love it.

I may be wrong here but I thought the B-king was a re-tuned version of the same mill set up more for low and mid power and a bit less hight end. In my opinion it would be much more practical and comfortable as the end power just gets a lot of people in a lot of trouble around my parts. I've ridden a few busa's, from stock to full out drag bikes and love the power but for me 15-20mins on one is all my wrists can handle before they start hurting and my hands go numb.. I'll take a cruiser position all day long.

I did about 700 miles in a Busa on a three day Rally, it was a Gen 1 and I believe it had handle bar risers added.

I thought it was very comfortable.
Ridden a ZX14 with risers too and liked it even more than the Busa.

Never been on a Bking but can't see it compared to the Busa.

Busa and ZX14 are heavy, long wheel base bikes that are deceptively quite and comfortable at speed.

170 plus on that Busa kinda of freaked me out at how "calm" it seemed.

A high powered naked wheelie popping hooligan bike like the B-king I can't see being in the same category.

Like comparing a Cadillac CTS-V and a just as powerful souped up Mustang.
Both are cool but its Apples to
Oranges and what's best depends more on who/what the rider is/expects out of a bike.

I really want a ZX14 someday.

I had a Gen1 Busa for 3 years and would say it is one of the best I ever rode or owned, and I have owned many! The Gen1 V-max is the only Japanese motorcycle I had twice! Would like to get a Gen2 VMAX in the future, but loving my Gen1 right now.

This got an interesting bunch of replies.
I just went to the shed and looked over my max, new starter motor is ready to fit.
A Gen 1 max is a good lookin piece of kit.

I have both in the garage ('99 Hayabusa and '85 V-Max with Kerker & Stage 7). Honestly, I find them both about equally as fun - just different from each other. I'll usually ride the Max for a few days, then switch out and ride the Busa for a while.

I'm 6'5", and I personally find the Hayabusa to be more comfortable for long rides... my back just gets too sore on the V-Max.

The gf hates the Hayabusa, though, so any 2-up riding is always on the Vmax. :)

I ve owned both. And the Busa is hands down for me the WAY more comfortable machine. Obviously the Busa destroys the Vmax in terms of anyn performance category. But the fun factor on the Vmax just seems good old fashioned fun. The vmax doesn't do anything really good, but that's what makes it fun.

I am excited to try out my new ZX14. Only 50 more days and I ll be doing 4000+ miles on it for my first time riding it ever. Pretty good way to find out if I like it eh?

Todd

I am excited to try out my new ZX14. Only 50 more days and I ll be doing 4000+ miles on it for my first time riding it ever. Pretty good way to find out if I like it eh?

Todd

Would love to own one of those at some point, you are in for a hell of a trip. Look forward to meeting you when you make it down to FL.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My son is gettin ready to pull the trigger on a busa, he loves the Gen 2 I have and likes riding it but he wants the bling already and it would be cheaper than a Gen 2 with what I have already done to mine. But hey at 18 years old and he is paying for it I can't wait for him to get it so we can ride.

Back