Tool kit/ owner's manual location

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rider69

Reaction score
I've read its under the seat but for the life of me can't figure out how to open it.
Just bought my 03 yesterday.

Flip the seat forward like you are filling the gas tank. Look under the passenger seat pad. To flip the seat forward there are two latches, between the grab rails and rear fender, about two inches rear of the shocks on each side, that need to be pulled down to release.

stupid question but I have googled for location of the toolkit and not found it, only seen the toolkit roll and a cover.

I have removed the seat, both parts and the rear mudguard (fender) and have found no toolkit - either I am not looking in the right place (would be useful if someone can post a pic of it in situ) or else more likely I do not have one.

The tool kit sits under the passenger seat, on top of the fender.
You can access it with the middle section of the seat flipped up.

stupid question but I have googled for location of the toolkit and not found it, only seen the toolkit roll and a cover.

I have removed the seat, both parts and the rear mudguard (fender) and have found no toolkit - either I am not looking in the right place (would be useful if someone can post a pic of it in situ) or else more likely I do not have one.
6qRp8Pm.jpg

There is supposed to be a plastic panel mounted vertically just forward of the tool kit (behind the gas cap area). The panel swings out to access the kit. If you have removed the passenger seat and there is no vinyl tool kit, then yours is missing.

Thanks for that but I can get to see the toolkit, just not found any photos of where it is located. From above responses, I take it it sits in the area marked yellow … and I don't have one :(
toolkitlocation2.jpg

You say you have found the tool roll. Does it have the items shown in post #7?
If so you have found the tool kit.
If you have found the roll but no tools then the PO has removed them.
If you can't locate the area shown in post #5 then perhaps you don't have a VMax? :(

You say you have found the tool roll. Does it have the items shown in post #7?
If so you have found the tool kit.
If you have found the roll but no tools then the PO has removed them.
If you can't locate the area shown in post #5 then perhaps you don't have a VMax? :(

The OP stated he has seen pictures of the tool pouch/roll and the plastic door (in my opinion). He just has not seen a photo of the tool kit sitting in its location under the passenger's seat.

Thanks for that but I can get to see the toolkit, just not found any photos of where it is located. From above responses, I take it it sits in the area marked yellow … and I don't have one :(
toolkitlocation2.jpg
Yes, looks like you are missing the tool pouch, the plastic vertical separation door, and the rubber strap that holds the tool kit in place. You can pick up an OEM tool kit on eBay.
Vn8jPuP.jpg
FRwtV6X.jpg

Thanks for that.

I've seen the toolkit on ebay, £90 bollocks to that, I can assemble one for fractionof the cost and to hell with originality. ;)

Also seen the cover but rubber strap is new to me hence why a photo of it in place would help enormously.

Back