tool replacement parts online

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I've used this site: ereplacementparts.com to order replacement parts for various tools I have been using for years, which have needed servicing or replacement parts. They are what I would refer to as a tool parts aggregator and the main convenience I see as being able to order parts for your tools from one site instead of going to the factory website.

It's probably true that they just order from the factory websites, such as Sears, Black & Decker, Porter-Cable, Delta, Ryobi, etc., but the ereplacementparts.com website has .pdf's for the factory manuals, and the exploded diagrams for the parts you may wish to order. It's convenient to just use one site to download an owner's operation manual, and to be able to order parts to keep your veteran tools in the garage or on the jobsite in functioning condition.

Now those of you who work with your tools for a living may just discard the broken tool, as often the cost of repair is more than you are willing to spend, when you can just buy a new one, and you don't mess-around with either trying to fix it yourself, or spending big labor charges to fix something you can buy for twice that. Or, more-likely, you need it or its replacement on the job tomorrow. You don't have the time to wait. Then, this site isn't for you.

Being born and raised in a family where being thrifty was a virtue, and having been buying tools (or being given them as gifts) for > 50 years, I have a lot of stuff. I've also gotten rid of a lot of stuff. I am only a home hobbyist, though I did earn my living as a construction worker generalist (read, 'talented laborer doing layout, foundation, structural, steeltying, rough form carpentry, and finish carpentry, and more') for a couple of years, and have done work 'on the side' for many more, though as I'm now in my 60's, those days are long-gone.

One of the elderly pieces I acquired from a fellow fire/rescue retiree, is a 10" Craftsman radial arm saw. He bought it to get a carpenter to add a new roof to his home, which this saw did. He had made his own trusses on-site and erected them, to-plan. When the job was over, he said, 'I'm probably never going to use this again, I'm offering it to you!' So it's been sitting in my storage for many years. It's one of the 'good' Craftsman radial arm saws, it has a 110/220 V split-phase motor, is made of cast iron for the vertical base of the movable steel column, and for the radial 'arm' itself. It's heavy, nearly indestructible, but its weak point after nearly 20 years of use were the bevel gears that lower and raise the vertical column/radial 'arm.' They were shot.

Well, ereplacementparts.com had the two bevel gears, and the shafts for about the same as a nice lunch at a good restaurant for you & the missus. I bought them and am waiting on the shipment now. Once I install the parts, I'll get everything working well (it all works except for raising and lowering the radial arm) and then sand down the surfaces after removing all the barnacles, and re-paint it.

Sure, I could probably go to craigslist and buy one from someone for not much more, functional, and newer, but like buying a VMax and not modifying it, "what's the fun in that?" My wife keeps telling me, "go buy a new one if you need one!" But my 'thing' is, I don't really need a new one ( I do have a 12" 220V one I bought new many years ago) but if I fix this one, I can use it for one operation, like w/a dado blade, while I do cross-cutting on the 12" radial arm.

My wife thinks I'm crazy for spending the time and $ on an old rusty 'pile of junk,' but it's my rusty pile, and I get a lot of satisfaction out of rebuilding something like this.

So, the moral is, "if it's broke, fix it if you can do so, reasonably," and this is a site which can help you to do just that. I bought parts for several other tools, including my bandsaw, a chop-saw, and my floor model drill press. The bill for all of this broke $100, but replacing worn, broken, or missing parts will restore safety and function to tools I've had for a long time, and which with a bit of maintenance will return to their duties.

Another thing I found, is that their prices are often less than OEM. I am not sure how that works, I don't care, but I've been to tool repair shops asking for price quotes, for both parts and for labor, and they (ereplacementparts.com)are always less than what I've been quoted for parts in the factory service centers. I just priced some parts for my Powermatic 66 table saw, and it's the same story: if these guys can get it, it is cheaper than the factory service center.

Take a look if you need something to fix one of your old warhorse pieces. :punk:

Even if you don't need any parts, you may have misplaced your owner's manual, and chances are they have one to download, free of charge. I save copies of my tools' instructions and parts diagrams as a .doc file, in a folder.

Thanks for posting, I will have to check it out.

Back