Top speed reached

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Born2Ride

Reaction score
Hi, this is just a curiosity question; I just wonder, which was your max speed that you have reached riding your Vmax.
So far I still need to buy a proper helmet, so I just went up to 100miles per hour with my open face helmet and goggles.

Screw an open-face helmet & goggles. Protect your face & get a proper, modern full-face helmet w/ the newest certification. You're not riding a Harley. And what-about mcy riding gloves, mcy boots over-the-ankle, and an armored jacket? AGATT

Over 145 indicated on Strafer.
Over 150 indicated on Skullduggery.

It's hard to look at the speedometer when flying those speeds.

My speedo didn't read past 190kph but the rpm kept rising - still pulling at an estimated 250kph+

I've only taken Paracelsus up to 120 before realizing that's fast enough without a track to take it any faster. Full gear BTW, because sometimes I'm responsible haha.

145mph couple of times but I just replaced the dunlops and steering head bearings hope to do better, that wobble at 140 is kinda freaky

115mph this morning on my way to work - wearing 1/2 helmet, sunglasses & business casual wear for work.

151mph indicated years ago when I had the time, hwy, and inclination to do so......and that was in shorts, tanktop & sunglasses....no helmet with the 1st wife on the back seat. The only thing I'd do differently with that ride if I had the chance for a do over, would be to shove that beech off the back while at 150.

Double thread. Theres already one thread with the very same subject... Search prior posting. Keep things tidy...

~120mph a few times on a sustained 105

Best guess is 120-125 mph is the probable peak on a sustained 105mph blast from the TX-LA Border to Houston.

Truth is: when asked how fast is she ??? I generally reply with "faster than I need" or "fast enough to spoil the fun."

153 mph - verified by a corvette running next to me (back in 2002), the speedo was bouncing around up near 155 somewhere.
140-145 mph - at least once a year every year since 2001 when I bought my Max.

133 mph, still looking for optimal jetting though. But at 6'3" n 230 lbs im not exactly aerodynamic, lol.

120mph twice. Slight wobble caused by turbulence off the windshield removes the fun factor for me. Had another bike up to the same speed before, and it did not have the wobble happen. All three times, I ran out of room to keep up that speed, and I was kinda fearful of the cops, cause doin 55 over is GO-STRAIGHT-TO-JAIL-DO-NOT-PASS-GO time if you get caught

125 mph on a full dress Venture.

Had lot more left, but wind buffeting on fairing said no.

Gary

Hit the final number on the speedo then backed off thinking this bike is nearly 30 years old and I have a lot left to live for, lol.

So 155 next to OIA, 140s in same spot at least every other week until I moved away.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

115mph on a dressed 78 goldwing going up an 8% grade. 125 on the max twice. once on a flat 4 lane playing around with somebody running 90mph, and then 125 again a few weeks later going up a different 8% grade.

My top speed was around 149, then back off racing another bike.

8850 rpm in 5th on my digital tach on the highway with my brother on his liter bike last weekend. Damn close to 150.

Latest posts

Back