Topeka Weekend

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slacker

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to Sean for a great bbq lunch and how good it was to meet all. I'm taking back all ('er most) the bad things I said about Nebraska. : )
Made it back in good time. At 85-xxx, got 31 mpg. I wasn't ginger on the throttle either. Can't complain. Again, thanks for supper, the dino, and the good company. Mark

PS: And thank God, no ticket (s)! :banana:

Mark, great meeting you! I hear the hotel was complaining about all the bacon you ate. :)

Once again we had a great weekend other it being 101 degrees on Saturday!

It was great seeing everyone. Thanks to Sean Morley for the BBQ lunch on Sunday. We wanted to get Rex/Phyllis a gift again but after last year probably not a good idea. I would've think he would get offended being he loves helping out us Vmaxers!

It was great hearing Morley's Methanol bike again. Prett bad when it's still loud with fingers in the ears. Too bad a good dyno pull couldn't be gotten. It couldn't hook up it just spun on top of the drum.

Thanks to Mike B. for all the free BG stuff. Awesome!

I'm happy that my numbers were pretty much the same as two years ago. Fuel curve was better though and flat at about 12:1. I figured it would lean out to 13:1 when run outside so didn't mess with the carbs. Bike got 38-40 mpg even with 70 lbs worth of tools/stuff on the back.

See you guys again next year! I hope to see new faces too!

Yes, it was a good time as always. Had a few minor incidences on the way there and home. Had to change a tire on the trailer when we got there since it developed a knot in it. Then on the way back home we noticed a belt was broken on another tire and without a second spare we were screwed. Managed to limp it into Emporia (about 80-90 miles from home) and after some driving around found a shop that had an on-call person. he checked it out and noticed another tire was taking a crap so 4 tires and 3 hours later we were back on the road again. I kept the one remaining good tire and my original good spare and will be looking for another wheel for a second spare now.

Other then that - it was a great weeked.

Sean

I got some pics on my cell, but they aren't much to brag about. I'll see if my 10 yr old will load them in a day or two. Busy week here.

Anyone know if the other guy with the '09 did any better on his next run? We both had a stock scooter, so the limiter cut short the final end run. Strange that they were that much in difference.:ummm:

Latest posts

Back