Tornado action

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, here's what I've been up to. Two tornados hit Omaha last week. They merged over my house and continued on for several minutes.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/19752934.html

That's some scary shit men. The stories of tornados sounding like a freight train coming through are absolutely true. We excaped with minor gutter and siding damage. But, we had 4 inches of rain last night and becuase of the damage to the gutters we had rain seeping into the basement.

June72008Tornado009.jpg

June72008Tornado011.jpg

June72008Tornado021.jpg

June72008Tornado032.jpg

Glad to hear everyone is o.k.... some bad stuff coming this year... tornados, floods... Insurance prices are bound to go up!

Jeff

I agree. This spring has been busy. What's pissed me off is that insurance only covers tree removal if it hit the house, fence, etc. They also don't cover leaky foundations or damage. Bastards.

Glad everyone is alright!Tornados suck! We have them here alot too_Our school team name is the Butler Golden Tornados.

Thanks man. A big'n hit an hour north of Omaha and took a Boy Scouts camp ground out. 4 kids were killed by a shelter fireplace that collapsed.

Mark, sorry to hear what happened, but thankful that you are all ok - weather this year is very strange - we had frost a couple of nights ago!

Mike

Sorry to hear it - I can't even imagine what it must be like - thank God your family is safe - seems like every week I hear about monster tornados out in the midwest - hang in there - Rich

I agree. This spring has been busy. What's pissed me off is that insurance only covers tree removal if it hit the house, fence, etc. They also don't cover leaky foundations or damage. Bastards.

Mark,
You may want to fight that. If you can prove (by pictures) that when the tree fell it damaged the gutters, and because of the damage to the gutters, you had water in your basement, you just may have a case. I would talk to your agent and find that out... I have a great relationship with our ins. guy and I can ask him what he says... just because they say "no" at first doesn't mean they won't pay. Let me know if you want me to do some digging around for you. Was your basement finished?

Jeff

WOW! Sorry to hear of your plight! At least you have next weekend to look forward to! I mean hell... You get to meet Jeff and I. It doesn't get any better then that! :rofl_200:

Mark,
You may want to fight that. If you can prove (by pictures) that when the tree fell it damaged the gutters, and because of the damage to the gutters, you had water in your basement, you just may have a case. I would talk to your agent and find that out... I have a great relationship with our ins. guy and I can ask him what he says... just because they say "no" at first doesn't mean they won't pay. Let me know if you want me to do some digging around for you. Was your basement finished?

Jeff

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Jeff, I'll do some more digging. I'm supposed to get an estimate to day on the gutters and siding damage. My deductible is over $1800 so it may not even come to that. I need to call the dude to inspect the furnace room where the water came in. It is unfinished and all the water drained into the furnace drain so no interior damage. I may have to invest in a sump pump.

WOW! Sorry to hear of your plight! At least you have next weekend to look forward to! I mean hell... You get to meet Jeff and I. It doesn't get any better then that! :rofl_200:

Ha! True that...and Jeff said I could ride your bikes in Topeka! Make sure you have plenty of tape on your fenders Chris. :biglaugh:

Tape hell!!! If you let Mark ride it you better have some serious bubble wrap...haha

I can completely understand that tape thing Chris... Hell I like mine so much I can't seem to find paint that I trust to touch it! Besides if I decide to paint it I would have to wash it. If I ride down to Topeka with the same bugs I brought back last year is that a bad thing??

Tape hell!!! If you let Mark ride it you better have some serious bubble wrap...haha

I can completely understand that tape thing Chris... Hell I like mine so much I can't seem to find paint that I trust to touch it! Besides if I decide to paint it I would have to wash it. If I ride down to Topeka with the same bugs I brought back last year is that a bad thing??

Nope! I don't judge! If people want to wash their bikes once a year so be it! But just don't tease me for being a clean freak! I bring towels and cleaner with me and it'll be covered at night...:biglaugh:

I know how you felt. living here in wpb,fl, I have seen total destruction. last hurricane I lost 14x48 back roof, all gutters, 2 windows, and tore up my car. 17days without power. sorry to hear about your damage mark.

I'm sorry to hear about your house damages Mark. Also, glad you and your family are OK. But - how is your Vmax?

The EF4 tornado that swept through my back yard May 10th turned my RV over with my Vmax still strapped down inside. Hurt like heck to see those first serious scratches on it after over 23 years of meticulous waxing and pampering - trying to keep it in near mint condition. :damn angry:

Glad to hear the Damage was minimal Mark.

I had about the same damage as in your pictures two years ago from hurricane Rita. The tree in my back yard hit the house and took out some gutters and they did pay $1500 for complete tree removal down to the stump; which I pocketed and did myself.

You may try that approach and hopefully it will work....

Good luck and glad you're OK.

Rusty

Thanks Rusty. I'm glad I live in the midwest. The Army Corp of Engineers did a good job with the Missourit to limit flooding so all we have to worry about is tornadoes. They are pretty isolated and move through at 50 mph. I can't imagine an earthquake or hurricane.

Back