Toronto Motorcycle Show

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
Went on Friday night. Seen one Max there, it was for sale and was in rough shape. 97 and I might have bought for parts but that too would have been embarrassing.
Said to my buds, that's it, I'm not comming back. This is the best Max they could find to put in this show. I'm totally pissed off now !
It's a sad day to see that....WTF

Has the Vmax died in Toronto ? It seems that way. :damn angry:

Bill from Wild Bros was there at one of the booths but he didn't have his 200 mph VMax with him.

The 97 you saw could have been Bill's first Fuel injected max.

I went on Friday too.

that max you saw was just in a dealers used bike coral, if i remember right... it was about $4000. Well used, i thought but not destroyed, no?

Ya this show was same old thing, but far better than the dealer show in dec....

I spent some time with Kreater Chopper owner , going thought this custom he had there half made....it was wild...Spondon frame, sport bike lay out but with all aluminum body and tank....to me it was a jewel in a sea of....many many custom choppers....

Ducati display was predictable.... they could badger Duc NA to at least fly in a two year old GP bike or something...

GP Bikes with sales prices that are the same as in their catalog...

6 different leather jacket booths suppling knock off leather from India.

Maybe next year we should get a space and create a drag strip start line facade with all our bikes their.... i can hire a couple of models to stand around.....well....anyway....:hmmm:

Maybe next year we should get a space and create a drag strip start line facade with all our bikes their.... i can hire a couple of models to stand around.....well....anyway....:hmmm:

I was there Friday, manning the booth for the Ontario Dual Sport Club that I am a member of. If I'm not mistaken, clubs get a free booth area. If we wanted, we could probably set up a booth for the VMOA Ontario chapter.

aww shit.... really?
which booth? that would have been a great chat!
Damn

I think he was at the Nickel Racing Booth. That was the booth with the stretched turboed Busa ridden by Trillium Muir. She's Canadian and billed as "The fastest woman in the world" at 222 mph! :rocket bike:

sounds good! im not a VMOA member but id sure participate.... and with the new vmax out around then im sure it will be a popular idea

I think he was at the Nickel Racing Booth. That was the booth with the stretched turboed Busa ridden by Trillium Muir. She's Canadian and billed as "The fastest woman in the world" at 222 mph! :rocket bike:

Tril was very cute...and quite a personality.

I guess i missed everything else in the booth! ha

Went on Friday night. Seen one Max there, it was for sale and was in rough shape. 97 and I might have bought for parts but that too would have been embarrassing.
Said to my buds, that's it, I'm not comming back. This is the best Max they could find to put in this show. I'm totally pissed off now !
It's a sad day to see that....WTF

Has the Vmax died in Toronto ? It seems that way. :damn angry:

I know this doesn't directly relate to the Toronto MCS but I couldn't help but pick up on your comment

"This is the best Max they could find to put in this show. I'm totally pissed off now !"

Well so am I.

With the 'New Max' being progressively delayed and the current model not even being in the dealer catalogues for 2007 / 2008, I suspect a lot of Max Fans are getting pretty jaded about the state of our mark.

The Europeans, (bless their little hearts) don't seem to let that bother them at all and are still producing some of the most awesome V-max Streetfighters I've seen.

Take a look at this beast I found on the net last night.

Maybe what we need is a thread for submitting design ideas from off the WWW to keep us inspired, enthused and motivated.

It sure beats going to an MC show and not even seeing a fresh dealer model.

Attachments

• no limit custom vmax.jpg
    no limit custom vmax.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 29
im such a huge fan of that look........

im working on my own version of that...hope others will too...

The Europeans, (bless their little hearts) don't seem to let that bother them at all and are still producing some of the most awesome V-max Streetfighters I've seen.

Take a look at this beast I found on the net last night.

Maybe what we need is a thread for submitting design ideas from off the WWW to keep us inspired, enthused and motivated.

It sure beats going to an MC show and not even seeing a fresh dealer model.

That bike is from Big Bike in Munich. Check out www.big-bike-online.com The web page is in German, but if you click on GALERIE that is where you will find pictures. Katalog should be self-explanatory. Online-Shop is where you can find the V-Max goodies! (Online-Shop - Yamaha - scroll down to Yamaha Vmax)

Let me know if you need any translations.

Have fun!

im such a huge fan of that look........

im working on my own version of that...hope others will too...

I like the look also. I slowly working towards that type of look.

Attachments

• mymax2.jpg
    mymax2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 13
After reading the comments, I thought I'd just add to my comment. I don't mind going and seeing all the other bikes but I just want to see some Max stuff like shirts, hats, stickers, pictures...ect and maybe some new and used parts. AND yes, a few bikes to look over.

I'd be more than willing to take my bike to the show for others to check out. I have no problem with that. The bike is nothing special but for a stocker / 93, she's in great shape. If anyone would like help to put something together to promote the site and the bikes.... I'd be willing to put in 150% of my time and effort to make it something worth stopping and checking out. (Buster) , if you want to do something like this for next year ??? - let me know if you need help. I'm not sure what the costs would be but it doesn't cost anything to inquire - right ! I'm sure I'm not the only Vmax rider out there who feels the same way. It would be a really great way to meet some of you other Vmax nuts. On and off the forum.

I know we get allot of great pics from all these guys on the forum to display. Hehehe !

Hey Rob, count me in!

I think it would be great fun...a real alternative to the sport bikes, choppers and HDs....

Well thats two bikes, how many more will donate for the cause?:clapping::worthy::banana:

After reading the comments, I thought I'd just add to my comment. I don't mind going and seeing all the other bikes but I just want to see some Max stuff like shirts, hats, stickers, pictures...ect and maybe some new and used parts. AND yes, a few bikes to look over.

I'd be more than willing to take my bike to the show for others to check out. I have no problem with that. The bike is nothing special but for a stocker / 93, she's in great shape. If anyone would like help to put something together to promote the site and the bikes.... I'd be willing to put in 150% of my time and effort to make it something worth stopping and checking out. (Buster) , if you want to do something like this for next year ??? - let me know if you need help. I'm not sure what the costs would be but it doesn't cost anything to inquire - right ! I'm sure I'm not the only Vmax rider out there who feels the same way. It would be a really great way to meet some of you other Vmax nuts. On and off the forum.

I know we get allot of great pics from all these guys on the forum to display. Hehehe !

Hey Rob, count me in!

I think it would be great fun...a real alternative to the sport bikes, choppers and HDs....

Well thats two bikes, how many more will donate for the cause?:clapping::worthy::banana:

OK, there seems to be some interest in a booth at the bike show, so I'll make a few inquiries.

Right on Buster - your the man ! :coolgleamA:

RJ - glad to see someone else has backed me up on this. I do hope it works out for a go ! It would be good for the forum and the cult following. Did somebody say something about a good looking model in tight shorts ? :drool: if not -

I know I will be asking, begging, shit I'd even pay her.... to have Michele Smith come over for a few pics on the bike, that would be totally awesome if she did. She is very cool chick - for sure. A picture of us is pinned up in my locker at work.

I went Fri night to the show and didn't see her - but does anybody know if she was there at the show on the Sat or Sun ? She usually goes.

http://www.michelesmith.tv/

I'm sure they could squeeze us in there somewhere.

Back