toronto show

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
So I'm sitting here thinking, I would like to go to the show. It's snowy and cold here. It would be a nice break to go see all the bike stuff. Meet the guys from the VMOA. I live near Buffalo, so It's only 2 hours away. I think I'll go.:clapping:
Wait a minute, There are new rules. I can't go across the border. I don't have a passport, and I didn't get the new, New york state Enhanced drivers license for another $30.00. So I go to the DMV. I can get the new license for $30.00, but I have to wait 2 to 3 weeks to get it in the mail. She said they would give me a temporary EDL. So I asked If that would work at the border. She told me It all depends on the border inspector.:bang head:
The problem is not getting into canada, They let everybody in:rofl_200:, but getting back into the US. I've been told they can't keep you out if you are an American citizen, but I would sure hate to sit there for hours on end and maybe have to let them inspect my American backside.
Yea, I know It's my fault for not being prepared, but for the last 46 years of my life the standard for crossing the border was " Whats your citizenship, where were you born, do you have anything to declare, have a nice day". And I liked it that way
I guess I was just being stubborn for not getting all the correct paper work sooner. I just hated to give the state of NY even more of my time and money.
I would probably be ok with the temporary enhanced license, my old license, and birth certicate, but I haven't decided if I want to take the chance.
I know It's a differant world today, I just needed to vent a little.
Enjoy the show,
Tim

I have crossed into Canada w/o passport/ enhanced DL/ Nexus card and htey let me back in without too much scrutiny just a few more questions.
I have the nexus card now and that allows me to go through the faster "nexus lane" at the border. If it was me I would just go.

Back