totally Insane

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nd4topspd

Reaction score
My bike started jumping out of second gear and making chunking sounds under acceleration so I decided to fix it :bang head: My wife thinks I went totally Insane:rofl_200:

Attachments

• DSC_0013[1].jpg
    DSC_0013[1].jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 82
2 days ago she said can you get that back together but today she just looks at it and then at me and just shakes her head:rofl_200:

Hell, That's what Danny's bike looks like when he changes fork seals. :rofl_200:

I was in the same boat this winter, engine at Sean's getting worked on, no forks, no rear wheel/ swingarm, just sitting on centerstand front end supported by ratchet straps from ceiling. I had never done anything like it before but took lots of pictures, wrote down what went where, talked to mod monkey a long time and have added a few new things to Redbone.
It has been a slow process putting it back together but I have learned a crap load of stuff and will be better prepared for next year!:rofl_200:

**I would take off the LH passenger peg bracket and clean the mounting points to the frame as that is a grounding point.**

My bike started jumping out of second gear and making chunking sounds under acceleration so I decided to fix it :bang head: My wife thinks I went totally Insane:rofl_200:

It totally looks like you snuck into my shop and took pic's of my bike.
See...

Attachments

• 121909_1751[00].jpg
    121909_1751[00].jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 35
OK boys and girls. See what drinking a few beers will lead to! Let that be a lesson to you.

I used to feel a sense of dread tearing Toxic down to the frame. Now that it is a regular winter task (I consider it part of annual maintenance along with upgrades) and a lot less intimidating. I do have a question, does anyone ever end up with extra bolts:ummm::rofl_200:

Yep! Im learning all about her a whole lot more now that Im treating her like a stripper whore who just invites me to drink some beers:cheers: and take her apart. This week the mechanical Gods blessed me with good karma. The bikes are coming apart good and I got the tractor to start.:th_image003:(its a '49 ford 8n) Now its the hard part, mow and clean up around the place or strip em bikes for paint so I can start the rebuild?

One more teardown and I'll have anough 'extra' parts to build a whole 'nother v max!! :biglaugh:

That is why I tend to give them away or if need be sell them! By next year I think I might only need a frame and by the looks of the pics being posted I think I might know where to find one!:rofl_200:

I'm sorry guys, but I think you just left waaaaay too many parts on. I wanted to clean under the seat and look what happened..

LOL

Attachments

• P1080919.jpg
    P1080919.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 14
I usually have to ADD bolts. Maybe it's because I am working after someone else does and gives up lol.
Sean

I usually have to ADD bolts. Maybe it's because I am working after someone else does and gives up lol.
Sean

Hmmmmmm did you come to my shop and steal my extra bolts?????:rofl_200: On a serious note, if I have spares its because I just replaced the old one. Wouldn't want folks to think Toxic is a rolling junkpile waiting to fall apart.

The manager at my local Fastenal(Tim) are on a first name basis after this year! I am replacing as many bolts as I can remember to. My vboost motor is now mounted with SS socket head bolts @$.60/ bolt! I have a coffee can I started this mod season for replace bolts and it is almost 1/4 full now. I used to buy blue threadlocker in the tubes(6ml) now use the bottle (36ml).
I need to get the bike lift like Danny but I'm afraid that I'd be taking the engine out to do the fork seals!:biglaugh:

I did that to mine 4 1/2 yrs ago and still haven't ridden it yet!

Back