Tow hitch for Gen 1 VMax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarcticus

Reaction score
Odd question here. Is there any tow hitch ever produced or designed for towing a very light trailer w a VMX1200?

Both my truck and car are down at the moment. Pulled my 2006 Max out of storage last weekend for the first time in 4 years. She fired right up and I've been having some fun commuting this week. Have some free time coming up this month and thinking of a trip or two towing a very light trailer. Not sure it's a good idea, but thinking of it. No lack of power. Unable on web search to find any hitch setup for the bike. Any ideas?

CaptainKyle is a trailer-tower, but I believe it's with a 'Wing. He may have some insight though.

There have been a few guys towing with Vmax's in the past. No commercial hitch was made so people adapted them over.

There have been a few guys towing with Vmax's in the past. No commercial hitch was made so people adapted them over.
Can anybody suggest a piece to start with, for the adapting? A motorcycle hitch piece on the market or ebay or something? I don't weld but can cut, drill, bolt metal, etc.

All the wiring you need to hook to is under the rear part of the seat . If you use a trailer with turn signals & brake lights all built in together you will need a convertor
I've hooked up electrics for towing on cars in the past, but always just by buying a kit and following directions. I don't think I understand the wiring well enough to do it ad lib. Might there be a kit I could buy that I could adapt to the 1200? I assume there isn't one made for the bike itself.

^^^ how will that help? What is left turn stop?

Basically you want to wire up trailer turn signal in parallel with bikes.

Same for running light to illuminate registration plate, stop lamp and.

Shoot. I received an email from Denray in Quebec this a.m. Their hitch for the VMax is out of production. I'm back to square one. Sourcing one of these used is going to be tough. If anybody knows of one out there please let me know. Thanks.

Back