Track Day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAXXIMUM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a track day yesterday at Palmer Motorsports in Palmer, Mass. I'm still so excited I'm having trouble typing. You think a vmax doesn't handle well. Well let me tell you that's not true. Granted I was a terror on the straights but I passed a lot of bikes in the turns. That was about the most fun I've ever had and I've had some fun. I've already registered for a 3 day session Labor Day weekend. Do yourselves a favor go do a TRACK DAY! From beginners to experts you will leave a better rider. Drag racing is fun but railing a corner on a vmax hard on the gas coming out is sublime.

I did a track day yesterday at Palmer Motorsports in Palmer, Mass. I'm still so excited I'm having trouble typing. You think a vmax doesn't handle well. Well let me tell you that's not true. Granted I was a terror on the straights but I passed a lot of bikes in the turns. That was about the most fun I've ever had and I've had some fun. I've already registered for a 3 day session Labor Day weekend. Do yourselves a favor go do a TRACK DAY! From beginners to experts you will leave a better rider. Drag racing is fun but railing a corner on a vmax hard on the gas coming out is sublime.

Very cool.....and I'm very jealous!

I had an opportunity several years ago at Barber Motorsports Park but passed it up.

A crazy friend of mine on the old StarVmax site did one in Texas and he terrorized everyone else on the track :D

The bike is amazingly capable for its length and heft..... I've harassed many of the lesser riders on sports bikes through the twisties here.

Twisties....Vmax, lol. I drag my pegs already. Got the shift lever once, and got the rear brake lever a few times. Stock riding height.... Rode with a few buddys on some Twisties they had Yamaha FZ09s and they knew the roads, I was new I kept up until traffic got involved then they dusted me. On a track I don't think they would stand a chance, I could have passed them on the straights, but they can ride. If they had proper gear they would have been dragging knees. I think I did pretty good for not knowing the roads. I feel a track day coming for me. But the suit is gonna hurt the wallet for strictly track day use.... Hard to justify, but the experience you take away it's worth it.

Very cool.....and I'm very jealous!

I had an opportunity several years ago at Barber Motorsports Park but passed it up.

A crazy friend of mine on the old StarVmax site did one in Texas and he terrorized everyone else on the track :D

The bike is amazingly capable for its length and heft..... I've harassed many of the lesser riders on sports bikes through the twisties here.

My buddy didn't think the Vmax was capable until we did some roll ons. First one I was in 5th gear. He pulled a bike length, but I never gained until triple digits.... Next one I was in 2nd gear. I ran away from him lol. We pulled over, and he had to put his eye balls back in their sockets.... He was amazed to say the least. He's now looking for one, but doesn't want to pay lol. I told him he ain't gonna touch it unless he gets one, a built busa, or a zx14r.... Both are gonna have to be stretched. He does wheelies allot, I just pass him doing a burnout, while carrying the front tire about 6 inches off the ground lol.

Christian has got me wanting to scratch my own itch, for sure. With some work our rides can handle very well. We significantly modded the suspension on both our bikes. Radials being a big addition. Ride height, front and rear, another. And lots of new parts. That's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

-PAXP-deijE.gif

-PAXP-deijE.gif
I got to tell you if my choices were sex or the track......I'm hitting that track. Rebeltaz83, if you do a non sport bike track day they generally relax the requirements as long as it's all motorcycle specific gear and a jacket and pant combo that zip together is acceptable and can be had for much less than a full suit.

Latest posts

Back