trade is it worth it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
Well im going to be upfront about it because I have no clue the
value of some things on the old Max.

Kenom is looking for someone to trader stage 7 kit carbs with pods for stock carbs, airbox, and all vboost stuff except the the vboost controller.. im wondering if its worth it to me.. he is having problems with his carbs was gonna send them to sdt354 for cleaning.. now I know im gonna eventually get a stage 7 kit but its a matter of when?

What's the difference to install stage 7 with vboost compared to without vboost.. I just don't know. I would think stock carbs vboost and airbox may be worth more that the 300$ cost for stage 7 kit.. I don't want either of us to get screwed here so I figured id make a post

Let me get this, your trading your good carbs , airbox and all the boost stuff, for a set of carbs that are having problems but have a stage 7 kit in them ?

If so I would not do the deal. I would just buy a stage 7 kit and install it in your good running carbs ( if they are good and running ).

What if, on the far side, a carb has a crack in it? Something is worn beyond normal wear and tear and is causing a problem. You might be inheriting a nightmare problem.

If your carbs are good I would say easy $300-500 alone. The air box, not really sure, lets say $100. The vboost stuff, again I am not really sure, but atleast $100 I would think.

So your end far outweights IMHO a set of problematic carbs with a jet kit installed.....

Just my two cents.

Todd

Well they were gonna be gone threw by someone on here sdt354 to be exact soo they will be good in order to do the trade.. im on the teeter touder I was just talking to my local Yamaha guy just tuned a stage 7 with out vboost. He said it was balls to the wall but theres no happy median. Either your going or not its hard to cruise.. I drive 100 miles round trip to work if its nice mainly 60-65 mph. I think im gonna want to keep my vboost because of that.. the guy doesn't want to screw me so he was deffinently gonna have carbs gone threw.. I think all the vboost stuff will catch alot more than 100 dollars forsale..

Again if it where me, I would just put a kit in your carbs. But do you have exhaust? I am assuming you do with your signature line below. But I figured I would better ask. Because if you don't have exhaust, then you don't really need a stage 7 kit. If anything you would probably find you would need to go lower in jet size ( smaller ) then what you have now.

I ve been there and done that , and find that always working with known items is a good starting point.

Sometimes you get good deals, other times you get nightmares.

Good luck!

Todd

Yes full kirker with comp baffle.. yes its a big gamble knowing that my bike is fine.. I think im gonna have to cancell the trade... I don't think let alone know if its worth it.. and carbs are a nightmare if there's a gremlin in them! This sucks

Don't feel bad. I knew it was a longshot trade. I wouldn't have stuck ya with a defective part either way.. hence the middle man and going through the carb before it got to you. It's all good whichever way you go and don't think I'll be dissapointed.. I won't! :)

Hell push comes to shove, I'll get it working and won't wanna trade.. LOL I'm pretty determined to get this bike running smooth as whipped cream

BTW, it was more than JUST the carbs, but that's really a moot point. I'm not a thief and wouldn't have given you a bad value for value trade. I just plain won't do it!

QUOTE=donnelly317;261850]Well im going to be upfront about it because I have no clue the
value of some things on the old Max.

Kenom is looking for someone to trader stage 7 kit carbs with pods for stock carbs, airbox, and all vboost stuff except the the vboost controller.. im wondering if its worth it to me.. he is having problems with his carbs was gonna send them to sdt354 for cleaning.. now I know im gonna eventually get a stage 7 kit but its a matter of when?

What's the difference to install stage 7 with vboost compared to without vboost.. I just don't know. I would think stock carbs vboost and airbox may be worth more that the 300$ cost for stage 7 kit.. I don't want either of us to get screwed here so I figured id make a post[/QUOTE]

That's the first I've herd about this..lol You might want to contact Dannymax though. He's all set up for carb cleaning and rebuilding.

What's the difference to install stage 7 with vboost compared to without vboost.. I just don't know.

To my understanding, a Stage 7 jet kit does away with your vboost. I have never heard of anyone running a stage 7 with vboost or if its even possible anyhow.

Haha yes im awesome none of us want to screw anyone over.. im just really thinking im gonna regret getting ride of my vboost see the majority of my riding is at cruise speed..

Talk to just about anyone with a Stage 7 and they love them. They are temperamental although, but good. You just have full power all the time is all.

if steve hadn't heard of this yet might want to find out who was going to clean the carbs?

To my understanding, a Stage 7 jet kit does away with your vboost. I have never heard of anyone running a stage 7 with vboost or if its even possible anyhow.

I am running a stage 7 with vbooost. A lot of tuning but it works great. I have not had it on the dyno but i can tell you it runs high 10"s with my fat ass on it.

I am running a stage 7 with vbooost. A lot of tuning but it works great. I have not had it on the dyno but i can tell you it runs high 10"s with my fat ass on it.

That's pritty dam fast! Actually if u read dyno jet install if say remove vboost optional

Latest posts

Back