Trade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a guy wanting to trade me this 1973 Norton commando for one of my Max's. Its a cool old bike but needs some work from sitting & needs tires. I just dont think I really need another project but I like the old bike. I guess I will make up my mind in a couple days.

Attachments

• 73 Noton commando.jpg
    73 Noton commando.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 55
  • 73 Norton commando 2.jpg
    73 Norton commando 2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 59
Good looking bike but I would do some research before jumping in. some of those old Nortons were worth quite a bit, some not much. Plus, parts will be a bitch to come by regardless.

yeah parts for those are almost impossible to come by. my old neighbor had one in his garage for years, hell its still there as far as i know not running. i'm not sure what it needed but he was never able to find the part he needed before he passed away.

Good looking bike but I would do some research before jumping in. some of those old Nortons were worth quite a bit, some not much. Plus, parts will be a bitch to come by regardless.
Yeah it needs the Master cyclinder rebuilt which I understand is around 150-200 bucks & deffinately needs tires since those are the original tires. I am probably gonna let it go since its a few hour drive to go look at it. As cool as it looks to me I dont think I need another project right now.

I've had Triumphs and Nortons in the past , did the rebuilding and restoring thing , They are fun to ride WHEN they want to be...very maintenance needy pieces/toys . Your choice , do you like working with tools and searching for parts OR do you like riding motorcycles ? :confused2:

I've had Triumphs and Nortons in the past , did the rebuilding and restoring thing , They are fun to ride WHEN they want to be...very maintenance needy pieces/toys . Your choice , do you like working with tools and searching for parts OR do you like riding motorcycles ? :confused2:
I like riding but you would not know it lately cause i am always working on something. I am gonna let this thing go I dont have time for another project.

cool bike! just get a honda cb or kawi kz and turn it into a bobber. Cheaper more readily avail parts and imho a better overall bike.

Man, she's a nice one....if only the "Prince of Darkness" wasn't involved!!

He & I will never cross paths again!! :rofl_200:
Ahhhh, Mr. Lucas I presume? I have worked on many british cars with the crazy lucas wiring. Odd things always happen with them!

Your day will come Kyle. Think Gen II for yourself. You have to take advantage of your good fortune in buying and selling right now.

BTW, I had a great time today. Got my thoughts back on track, taking a break from the normal of the past couple weeks. Hope the Honda co operated with being fixed.... :biglaugh: Hope the Kerkers progress and come off the 86.

Ended up doing some other stuff yesterday so did not get to mess with the Honda. I am gonna tackle it today & go buy some acetone & trans fluid & let that soak for a couple days. I really dont want to cut that Kerker.

Wonder if you could make a tape funnel around the joint somehow to hold the mixture and let it seep into the joint...

Latest posts

Back