Trapps with open endcaps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
I know some out there are using trapps with several discs, and some open endcaps. I've also been told folks have run both at once.

If the endcap is open wouldn't that defeat the need for discs? Is this done for sound?

I'm getting a set of trapps when my tax return comes in and I just wanted the best sound out of them.

I know some out there are using trapps with several discs, and some open endcaps. I've also been told folks have run both at once.

If the endcap is open wouldn't that defeat the need for discs? Is this done for sound?

I'm getting a set of trapps when my tax return comes in and I just wanted the best sound out of them.

I do believe the discs still provide a baffling effect with an open endcap.

Most people say to use 10-12 discs, my bike was dynoed to 12 discs, with a closed end. I wanted to go with open ends,so I emailed Supertrapp a couple years ago, asking how many disks is equivalent to the open end cap. Their reply said tha tthe open end is equal to six discs, so I went to six discs and open end.
Basically you get different tones, 12 disc closed end sounds different than 6 discs open end.

Most people say to use 10-12 discs, my bike was dynoed to 12 discs, with a closed end. I wanted to go with open ends,so I emailed Supertrapp a couple years ago, asking how many disks is equivalent to the open end cap. Their reply said tha tthe open end is equal to six discs, so I went to six discs and open end.
Basically you get different tones, 12 disc closed end sounds different than 6 discs open end.

What were the numbers on your bike? can you post the dyno sheet?

Back