trimming the fat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, your gonna fight a tough battle trying to lose a lot of weight. The stock exhaust has to go, your centerstand (not permamently if you have the right aftermarket exhaust) that's probably worth 35 to 45 lbs right there. Next up would be wheels, not sure how here but it is highly recommended move for a bunch of reasons.
That should get you about 50 + pounds off from stock. I believe I heard someone say that the lightest Vmax's are around 525lbs? Can anyone else confirm that?

This all depends on your cost targets, but going to a chain drive will also remove some additional weight, and you could then get the lighter wheels as well. The chain drive will also get you a few more ponies to boot. I've removed some extra tabs here and there on my drag bike. Take off the inner rear fender liner. COPs instead of the stock coils. Take off the mirrors, turn signals, get different foot pegs, lighter tires, remove some of the rubber guards over the top of the engine, go to a dry cell battery, remove one front rotor and caliper, different exhaust as mentioned earlier, cut down seat, remove passenger pegs.... and I'm sure there is much more. It all adds up, but you aren't going to find too much without spending some $$. Best bang for the buck for me would probably be wheels/tires and then the chaindrive conversion. The most weight the bike can loose usually comes from the rider.... that is my biggest problem right now.

Bore the motor out! Lose weight and gain power! lol

Yeah wheels are a HUGE weight saver and transforms the way the bike rides and handles.

Exhaust is another big one.

Chris

Well it looks like Hubeerjw just about covered everything, but I was wondering... Does anyone know if switching to all GRP body panels will make a difference in weight?:confused2:

Airbox cover and scoops might make a difference of a pound or two at most. The fenders are plastic and the side panels are so thin that their weight is negligible.

Latest posts

Back