Triple Tree Dampener

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwkerr007

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody know a company that makes a dampener for our late model front end (1997)?? After adding all the mods on mine ,it's giving me the old death wobble when the front wheel comes back down in second. It's never done it before now but its keeping the front wheel up longer. I looked at all the universal one's but they don't have the brackets for them. I can make them but I would rather not. Does anybody on the forum make them??? Thanks in advance

It already has prog springs and I can't strap it down at this track and new tire that was on it before I had this prob all bolts and bearings have been double checked and air press.

Sounds like you need some adjustments to the steering bearings and not a band aid

i would agree with you but i replaced them and the races and when it did this i took them apart and double checked them, no slack but it hasn't done it since i'm just wanting a back up plan just for the track.Iv'e relocated the pegs and controls so as to get more on top of it and it hasn't showed a problem but i would just like to have one for back up so I guess thats a no you don't sell one then

The Vmax has the steep fork angle that a road race/Ninja type bike has and if the front tire is not in great shape and balanced along with the head bearings not set correctly you will always get the death wobble at high speed. We have been building supercharger systems for the Max since I got my first one #113. We have built a lot of complete Magnacharged Max's and we always rake the front end back by adding more rake the frame and a smaller front tire as the supercharged shaft drive bike with our overdrive fifth gear will go past 200 mph and a wobble at high speed is beyond your heart leaping out of your mouth. The Vmax will always decrease the rake when in deceleration from the drive shaft lifting the back of the bike thus making the the fork angle even steeper and causing a speed wobble more likely. We have been 240+mph on a Max with a Turbo going thru a freon spray inner cooler into the Hilborn hat on the Magnacharger with port injectors a and NO2 and the frame was charged with Halon for 6 seconds of fire suppression in case of explosion and that bike had our over drive fourth and fifth gears in 1988! Thanks, Bill

Bill / Magnablower, do you have any videos or info on the 200mph or 240mph vmax? I would imagine that would take a massive amount of horsepower since our bikes are about as aerodynamic as a sideways piece of plywood. Even on a sportbike I would bet 240mph would take 400+ hp.

The Vmax has the steep fork angle that a road race/Ninja type bike has and if the front tire is not in great shape and balanced along with the head bearings not set correctly you will always get the death wobble at high speed. We have been building supercharger systems for the Max since I got my first one #113. We have built a lot of complete Magnacharged Max's and we always rake the front end back by adding more rake the frame and a smaller front tire as the supercharged shaft drive bike with our overdrive fifth gear will go past 200 mph and a wobble at high speed is beyond your heart leaping out of your mouth. The Vmax will always decrease the rake when in deceleration from the drive shaft lifting the back of the bike thus making the the fork angle even steeper and causing a speed wobble more likely. We have been 240+mph on a Max with a Turbo going thru a freon spray inner cooler into the Hilborn hat on the Magnacharger with port injectors a and NO2 and the frame was charged with Halon for 6 seconds of fire suppression in case of explosion and that bike had our over drive fourth and fifth gears in 1988! Thanks, Bill
awsome i've gotten raked tree's for harleys before anybody know of any asian models that would have raked tree's for our size tubes???

Hard to argue with this point. Also have a look at rear swing arm bearings, they can cause stability issues like this too.
your right as rain and I'm gonna figure some way to strap her to the backhoe tom and check that out ! I guess I have been neglecting the rear some cause this is my third max and it rides so much better than the other two and it never gave me a hint of a prob till I did that last carb sync with the new vel stacks, it just stays up alittle longer. But today I put some bandit controls and lowered moved back the pegs so i can get up on it a little more,that might help some but I'm gonna get on those swing bearings thanks for the help everybody!!!!

Bill / Magnablower, do you have any videos or info on the 200mph or 240mph vmax? I would imagine that would take a massive amount of horsepower since our bikes are about as aerodynamic as a sideways piece of plywood. Even on a sportbike I would bet 240mph would take 400+ hp.
113 supercharged vmaxes I don't want to see his bikes I want to meet his mill n air customers and find out where they are throwing them away at so i can go dumpster diving or at least talk one of them into buying me a str damp or a box of band-aids.Hell i'm a fair welder maybe I'll just go to nasa and weld me a rocket under mine, it would be cheaper and then i could tell marty mcfly {Steering ! Where we're goin we don't need no steering}cause the fastest thing I ever built that needed a fireproof frame was my gf's pinto when i was 15. But turns out that no matter what you did it would blow up anyway.;):):):):)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Raked trees are not the same as changing the rake angle of the frame, do not use these, the Vrod came with thhese stock and the bike was like riding on a door hinge as the fork now does not lean with the bike angle but rather drags when you turn. I do have so photos somewhere but I will run across them eventually but that was 30 years ago and the revese trike Blown Vrod is the current project. Thanks, Bill

I'd love some more details on the 200 & 240 mph Vmax's! Was this done at a sactioned speed event?

I've been Vmax fanatic for 30 years, and I can't remember hearing about those bikes.

Are you in the US?

Latest posts

Back