Triumph Rocket?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I owned one before my max. It made 154RWHP and 160LBS TQ at the rear wheels with just an exhaust/intake and tune. I used to pop wheelies at 60 with it! It was dam fast! I think it was faster than the max up until about 75-80. It handled GREAT for it's size and EVERYONE would look at it no matter where I went. It is where I got the name "HDKILA" from! hahaha....I miss that son of a bitch everyday and deep down I think it was my favorite bike.

Here are some pics...

rocket.jpg

rocket1.jpg

rocket2.jpg

It just looks so massively huge that it couldn't possibly pop a wheelie... amazing... so what do they cost in comparison to an '09 Max?

I owned one before my max. It made 154RWHP and 160LBS TQ at the rear wheels with just an exhaust/intake and tune. I used to pop wheelies at 60 with it! It was dam fast! I think it was faster than the max up until about 75-80. It handled GREAT for it's size and EVERYONE would look at it no matter where I went. It is where I got the name "HDKILA" from! hahaha....I miss that son of a bitch everyday and deep down I think it was my favorite bike.

Here are some pics...

View attachment 9004

View attachment 9005

View attachment 9006
HDKILA I KNOW YOU MUST MISS THAT BITCH AFTER ALL THE SHIT YOU BEEN THROUGH WITH YOUR MAX !:bang head:

It just looks so massively huge that it couldn't possibly pop a wheelie... amazing... so what do they cost in comparison to an '09 Max?

They are WAY cheaper. I got mine as a demo model for 13K! It came with bags and all the touring stuff AND I got free exhaust as a promo. The bike wheelied VERY easily. If you rolled a few feet in first and then went WOT it would flip! Brakes were dam good too. Here are a few more videos of it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CUlDjGFNc8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwXiqpQnmKg

I loved the rocket ever since they came out...

I want one for a second bike so i can put a windshield and saddlebags on for long distance touring.

I hope to have one very soon!

I always liked the RIII. I was considering one when I bought the max. I think the right side of the Bike looks nice but the left side, with the big chrome air cleaner cover, is ugly. I saw one at a bike meet that had the cover removed and stacks on the carbs that looked sharp.

That gas tank is huge when you sit on the bike. That's what turns me off of the B-King and the main reason I decided against getting the RIII.

They are WAY cheaper. I got mine as a demo model for 13K! It came with bags and all the touring stuff AND I got free exhaust as a promo. The bike wheelied VERY easily. If you rolled a few feet in first and then went WOT it would flip! Brakes were dam good too. Here are a few more videos of it....

Nice videos. Just amazing that big tank can do what it does. Definitely looks like a Harley killer for sure....

It has a unique sound with those 6 cylinders.... it kind of reminds me of an airplane engine....

Ha ha. Maybe you are the one I passed (easily) going UP through Spearfish Canyon summer before last?

There was a guy riding a RIII in a pack with friends just ahead of us, on a long stretch of hwy with the 3rd uphill passing lane. He would pull out and blast up past each big HD guy that was going faster up the hill than the majority of bikes like us in the slower moving lane. Then he would let up and drift back and let his friends catch up and allow the HD to continue on unchallenged. After watching this guy (you?) pull his HD killing trick on at least 4 big HD's, I left our pack of riders and moved ahead for the challenge. The only difference when I pulled past this guy is that I was waiting for just such a move and as he dropped down a gear or two and went WOT, Max and I also went WOT. I don't need to gloat on the results, but he didn't stand a chance. He quickly tucked his tail back between his legs and immediately slowed down and fell back in line with his friends.

Made my evening a little brighter.

Nice videos. Just amazing that big tank can do what it does. Definitely looks like a Harley killer for sure....

It has a unique sound with those 6 cylinders.... it kind of reminds me of an airplane engine....

i thought it was a 3-banger

Ha ha. Maybe you are the one I passed (easily) going UP through Spearfish Canyon summer before last?

There was a guy riding a RIII in a pack with friends just ahead of us, on a long stretch of hwy with the 3rd uphill passing lane. He would pull out and blast up past each big HD guy that was going faster up the hill than the majority of bikes like us in the slower moving lane. Then he would let up and drift back and let his friends catch up and allow the HD to continue on unchallenged. After watching this guy (you?) pull his HD killing trick on at least 4 big HD's, I left our pack of riders and moved ahead for the challenge. The only difference when I pulled past this guy is that I was waiting for just such a move and as he dropped down a gear or two and went WOT, Max and I also went WOT. I don't need to gloat on the results, but he didn't stand a chance. He quickly tucked his tail back between his legs and immediately slowed down and fell back in line with his friends.

Made my evening a little brighter.

Was not me! HAHAHA! Max definetly feels quicker up top. 0-60 it would be dam close!

Might be for some, but no thanks!
Reminds me of a really pretty face on a fat chick.........

4gasems link to the Motor Cyclist article provided something I think is well said.
The third paragraph in the piece states:
The V-Max created a whole new class of machine; motorcycles that were incredibly belligerent and exceedingly fast, but not aimed at any kind of sanctioned racing.
It was a street racer, designed and executed not just to transport its rider physically, but emotionally as well.

True dat....it's a good way of explaining what it is!

Might be for some, but no thanks!
Reminds me of a really pretty face on a fat chick.........

4gasems link to the Motor Cyclist article provided something I think is well said.
The third paragraph in the piece states:
The V-Max created a whole new class of machine; motorcycles that were incredibly belligerent and exceedingly fast, but not aimed at any kind of sanctioned racing.
It was a street racer, designed and executed not just to transport its rider physically, but emotionally as well.

True dat....it's a good way of explaining what it is!

So what - about the Rocket - is the pretty face and what is the fat chick part? :biglaugh:

I was just telling a friend the other day that when I ride my other friend's BMW enduro, I feel like I'm riding a log down the street. Nice bike, great technology, but it doesn't have character. Feels too sterile. The Max definitely has character, and that's definitely why I have one. Well, that and because it's a very fast bike for an 80's bike....

I think the Rocket III it's a great looking bike. In spite of it's mass I think of the RIII as a "sleeper"; it's just waiting to hand some VROD owner his/her ass.

Shortly after the Rocket III was introduced there was a comparo between it and a stock gen-1. The numbers were extremely close with both bikes in stock form. HDKILA's HP/torque numbers suggest it'd eat a stock gen-1.

Blaine

Here are some pics...

View attachment 9004

View attachment 9005

View attachment 9006

Latest posts

Back