trucker shot at in Chicago

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethrobolas

Reaction score
I was planning on writing a rant on this subject for some time now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...lly-closed-after-shooting-20150317-story.html

Why are so many truckers assholes? !
I'm sure Mr Driver didn't do anything to provoke this. I'm sure he wasn't unprofessional.

So often I see trucks pull out in front of someone (or me). If left a space large enough for their rig to squeak in (like inches) they will do it. Pretty impressive. Definitely know their truck well. Then the asshole will take 8 miles to pass 1 truck. By now open highway for miles ahead. He fit that truck into the left lane with a fucking shoehorn, and now he needs a quarter mile of open space to merge back to the right. Unless you try to pass on the right. Then trucker will be in immediate need to merge back right. Line of cars as far as you can see behind you so this prick can shave 5 minutes off his coast to coast trip.

I have a class a. Been there. It's not that hard to not be a complete shithead. You got a load, a destination and a deadline. But impeading the flow of traffic to gain .2 mph?
I get it. "Momentum", "fuel conservation". Bullshit.
There are good drivers. I thank them with my four ways. I let trucks merge in difficult situations. I pull to the left for broken down trucks.
I also dodge their fucking tire carcasses. Ever see a truck with a flat that is shedding chunks and flopping all over? Ever try to let that driver know he has a flat? They wave you off or ignore you completely. Wtf.
I work 80 miles (on average) from home at all different hours in and around chicago. I see a lot of traffic. Truckers in general are shitty. Try to bully. Riding cars asses. Merging into an occupied lane.
Look what happened on the way to work tonight. 4 lanes westbound plus one for exits ramp to ramp. Just couldn't wait on those other FUCKING TRUCKERS.

Notice the white sign in the closeup. Every day.

Attachments

• 20150317_152542.jpg
    20150317_152542.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_2015-03-17-17-03-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-17-17-03-41.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 54
I'm a Mr driver and I have worked for dayton freight for years in the pass and i can tell you this much not just any truck driver can land a job with this caliber of a company. Trust me i know that there are a'lot of asshole driver's on the road's today but to target only truck driver is totally on fair. I have put 120000 mile's a year on a truck for 20 year's now and 20000 to 25000 a year on my personal vehicle and from that i can tell you that we are all guilty on the roads today some way more than others but definitely not just truck driver's. I hope you don't think the dayton freight driver or any other driver should have been shot at. I feel in today's fast pace over crowded world people feel that there personal domain is being challenged without even realizing it. The subconscious mind instinctively take's over and people act without even knowing it. I use to think a'lot of people did what they do in traffic on purpose but know i have come to realize i was giving them way to much credit. On the road we are driving with a'lot of dumb people that are relying on there dumb subconscious but i have to say most driver's on the road today are good at it. I'm totally amazed we don't have way more crash's than we do. If you want to know the secret to driving safe on the road today look up the smith system and use it everyday. And most of all don't tailgate. We could cure world hunger if we gave tailgater's $100 fine's every time they got caught. Only problem is we don't have enough police to catch all of them. Not to mention being so much safer not tailgating would have way less accident's and or insurance cost would go down..........................STAY SAFE.

Nothing I hate worse than 2 trucks driving side by side for MILES, just to stop anyone from passing them. I have seen this HUNDREDS of time travelling from Dallas to Ohio, and it irritates me to no end. They do it on purpose, and there should be a law against it. I also agree, there are many good truck drivers also, but there are enough that do this exact bullshit that it gives the entire profession a bad rap.

Ya and way more four wheeler's (car's) tailgate a truck when he/she is doing a pass with more than enough power. This and any type of tail gating irritate me to know end. what came first the chicken or the egg? We can go back and forth for hour's but what we should do is be the better driver and stay safe anyway we can. I don't let that guy get to me anymore. and if they get way out of hand i just back out of it and get back behind the slow truck this is the safe thing to do and the tailgater is the the one that loses. When in in my four wheeler i stay the fuck away from 80000 lbs going down the road. Who know what kind of dip shit is at the wheel and trust me us and our 6000 lbs vehicle's don't want to find out the hard way.

Nothing I hate worse than 2 trucks driving side by side for MILES, just to stop anyone from passing them. I have seen this HUNDREDS of time travelling from Dallas to Ohio, and it irritates me to no end. They do it on purpose, and there should be a law against it. I also agree, there are many good truck drivers also, but there are enough that do this exact bullshit that it gives the entire profession a bad rap.

This was a piece of advice that I trucker gave me years ago...because I had the same exact gripe. He said..."How do you know the trucker can even see you"? Good point. If I'm behind a trucker, I will swing to the left abit...so that way he can see me in his mirror...and I can see him. After that 99% of the truckers that Ive come across will move over. On the flip side there are times when a trucker will have to get over...and I will back off....and allow them to enter. I watch out for them...and they watch out for me.

I drive thru 3 states....to go to work.

If you are not tailgating the driver should be able to see you. The hard part about not tailgating is you leave an open safe gap that other cars will take advantage of don't let them irritate you because soon enough that four wheeler will move on. I had to do smith system with 8 other guy's in a full size van in chicago on city street's and expressway toll road. The safety trainer bet all of us $2 that we could stay with in 5 minute's of our arrival time using the smith system the whole way and we all said i will take that bet and he had a nice big free lunch on us. I use it everyday and my drive for the most part is safe and positive. Being positive in life is so powerful in a good way. Being negative in life is even more powerful in a bad way.

A big part of that training was the other driver's and the trainer had to point out what the guy at the wheel was doing right and what he was doing wrong. I feel everyone should be trained in the smith system. Doing it in a group is even better. I did smith training with my son and he is a great safe driver.

If you are not tailgating the driver should be able to see you. The hard part about not tailgating is you leave an open safe gap that other cars will take advantage of don't let them irritate you because soon enough that four wheeler will move on. I had to do smith system with 8 other guy's in a full size van in chicago on city street's and expressway toll road. The safety trainer bet all of us $2 that we could stay with in 5 minute's of our arrival time using the smith system the whole way and we all said i will take that bet and he had a nice big free lunch on us. I use it everyday and my drive for the most part is safe and positive. Being positive in life is so powerful in a good way. Being negative in life is even more powerful in a bad way.

I do Smith systems also. I have to retake it every 3 years.

I do Smith systems also. I have to retake it every 3 years.

I'd have to re-take it every 3 hrs here to do me any good. I learned to close my office door, and turn up the DI.FM/electro channel on the computer. Then I log into Vmaxforum.net to relax. :eusa_dance:

Remember - "It's hard to soar like an eagle when flying with a bunch of turkeys."

YEP yes it is. Kinda like a turkey trying to soar with a Peregrine falcon and his hooligan brother.:biglaugh:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

This was a piece of advice that I trucker gave me years ago...because I had the same exact gripe. He said..."How do you know the trucker can even see you"? Good point. If I'm behind a trucker, I will swing to the left abit...so that way he can see me in his mirror...and I can see him. After that 99% of the truckers that Ive come across will move over. On the flip side there are times when a trucker will have to get over...and I will back off....and allow them to enter. I watch out for them...and they watch out for me.

I drive thru 3 states....to go to work.

I actually stay a decent distance behind a truck when they are in both (or all three or four) lanes because I know if I piss the driver off, he can make it last even longer. But you can't stay too far back because the truck he just passed has a high likelihood of jumping in front of you as trucker 1 tries to pass the next truck.
Snail races.

Latest posts

Back