True HP Factory Pro

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at this web page...and 145 at the crank HP (regular vmax) minus 14.6% = 123.8 hp minus 10%...and you get 111 horsepower which is about standard for a stock Vmax.

So their calculation is about the same that everyone else gets on the dyno. Now their figures say 90 for a stock Vmax...am I missing something?

Why are their own calculations roughly 20 hp off from what their own dyno's are getting? This is on their page.....

Crank HP vs. True Rear Wheel HP
That's a tough one - and LONG....
The short?
Take crank HP, subtract 14.6% (please don't email me and ask - I won't answer - search SAE and old Yamaha), take that, and subtract around 10% to 15% and you'll get about True HP at rear wheel.

The Japan version is w/o vboost and has a speed limiter so 90 would be about right in that case.

A Factory Pro Dyno, "True HP", is a lower number than a Dynojet reads. In order to get a number that approximates "Dynojet HP", you need to multiply by 1.1 -1.2.

This multiplier allows you to take the low # that a Factory Pro gives, and compare it to what you might see on a Dynojet. All of the V-Maxes listed are 90-99 *Factory Pro True HP*. So, use the multiplier, and voila! Now you see about what they would make on a Dynojet, if so tested.

Latest posts

Back