TT Air box mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowaleed

Reaction score
I want to modify my air box to TT mod, but i want all the instructions to do it, photos or videos and parts number.

Thank you

I want to modify my air box to TT mod, but i want all the instructions to do it, photos or videos and parts number.

Thank you

Im working on it. There are no instructions or videos, only photos and a part number for the filters.
I have about 30 photos I need go through and pick out the ones that are useful. All the information was previously easily accessible on the StarVmax site that went down.

Im working on it. There are no instructions or videos, only photos and a part number for the filters.
I have about 30 photos I need go through and pick out the ones that are useful. All the information was previously easily accessible on the StarVmax site that went down.

Thank you Mark .. I will wait for your email.. please try to send it as soon as possible..

I got permission from mark to post the pics that he sent me about the TT Airbox mod. WP_20140311_002.jpg WP_20140311_009.jpg WP_20140319_004.jpg WP_20140319_006.jpg WP_20140319_009.jpg WP_20140319_012.jpg WP_20140319_013.jpg WP_20140319_015.jpg

Just a couple of things to keep in mind when you attack this project. These filters come coated with oil when new. When you are ready to bond them to the filter box, make sure you clean the surface around the edge of the filter and opening in the air box you will be applying the "Right Stuff" to. Use an automotive brake parts cleaner to remove ALL oil and residue or the silicone will not stick.
When the air box is mounted on the bike, the forward right corner (as you sit on the bike) clearances get a little tight with the air intake trumpets and the newly added filter. After putting the top of the air box back on leave the main filter out so that you can confirm the intake trumpets move freely without hitting the filter.

perhaps it's short for ''tut tut'', the sound people make when they disapprove of someone doing things to their bikes to make more power :rolleyes:

What does "TT" stand for?
Has this mod been dyno tested?
Just curious. I'm not well learned in the G2.

Triple Threat

Yes it has been tested. If I remember correctly (the dyno sheets are on starVmax), the top end HP were as good if not better than the Monster Big air kit (very similar to a stage 7 kit....individual pods....etc), and the torque was way better on the low end. Tim Nash has a specific flash for gen 2's using the Triple Threat Airbox. The gen 1 equivalent to this would be Seans muscle jet kit. You still have the airbox, and still use the velocity stacks.

Just want to say thank you again to Mark for developing this.

Triple Threat

Yes it has been tested. If I remember correctly (the dyno sheets are on starVmax), the top end HP were as good if not better than the Monster Big air kit (very similar to a stage 7 kit....individual pods....etc), and the torque was way better on the low end.

Does anybody have dyno results comparing a bike with the typical airbox mod/exhaust/reflash to one with this triple threat airbox? Also, the first few pics show 4 holes in the top of the airbox cover. Is that stock?

Last edited:
Does anybody have dyno results comparing a bike with the typical airbox mod/exhaust/reflash to one with this triple threat airbox? Also, the first few pics show 4 holes in the top of the airbox cover. Is that stock?

Those 4 holes were from a previous experiment and not stock.

I have some detailed data on the power improvements going from the standard airbox with a K&N to the TT. I'll post it when I have the time.

I just spoke to an owner yesterday who has a Hindle exhaust and the TT mod. He just got the bike back from being Dyno tuned and it made 197 RWHP.

Last edited:
Those 4 holes were from a previous experiment and not stock.

I have some detailed data on the power improvements going from the standard airbox with a K&N to the TT. I'll post it when I have the time.

I just spoke to an owner yesterday who has a Hindle exhaust and the TT mod. He just got the bike back from being Dyno tuned and it made 197 RWHP.

Wow, thats just a hairs breadth away from the magic 200 hp.

Back