Tuneboy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo:

Any news? Would a few sales on the line motivate Tuneboy? I’d love to have cruise, but if they can’t support you then no bueno for me. Seems like most vmax owners would buy if we had a quality solution…

I filed a claim with paypal and as usual it took forever for tuneboy to respond. It's like they're illiterate! They keep asking me questions and making suggestions I've already addressed in the multiple emails! So.....I responded and again I waited for their response. Again, their response was "Did it work when you tried it?". This response was after I had told them over and over I was missing parts! Then, before I could respond, paypal cancelled the claim because I "hadn't escalated the claim quickly enough". So, because I tried to be polite and nice despite everything they had done, I still got screwed!

Wow, so many of us watching this thread that would buy. I don't quite why anybody with the design and programming would walk away from so much opportunity.

Turbo, was it just missing parts?

Wow, so many of us watching this thread that would buy. I don't quite why anybody with the design and programming would walk away from so much opportunity.

IMO as a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Mechanic and Motorcycle Mechanic, I found the contents to be very unprofessional, just a few connectors with a lot of loose wires and non-existent detailed instructions. I tried talking with them .. no answers. I just said I am not doing this. With so many added wires, how would you troubleshoot it if you had a problem and no dedicated button. I could just see future problems.

I have a new tune boy kit just sitting here. I should install it and give a review. Seems pretty simple to me.

It was a combination of things. It was missing a couple of connectors and I have the nash flash so, they said I would have to download my ecu flash and send it to them so they could re-code it to their format so the cruise control would work. It would be the same tune, just their coding. Every time I contacted them, it would be weeks before I got a response and the response made it obvious they didn't actually read my emails. They would ask if it worked when I tried it. I told them I was missing parts. Then they said there were only particular connectors when the instructions they sent specifically mentioned ones I didn't have. Most of the time they wouldn't respond at all until I mentioned filing a claim and then, magically I would have response within a day. Of course it was never a helpful response. Quite frustrating. On the other hand, I just picked-up a 2015 Tiger Explorer 1200 with cruise control! So, I at least have one bike with cruise control now!

Ya, I emailed Wayne linking to this thread and offering to be a bridge for him to the several failed installs here if he would be interested and cared to provide me a wiring diagram, instructions, and a parts list. A relatively defensive response. Not exactly unprofessional, but clearly not from a focus of building a resale ready commercially viable product either.

I then replied I would buy one of the failed installs if he wanted somebody with fresh to work with, and if he could provide the aforementioned documentation and had an interest in gaining a working referencable install. Nothing.

Guy's, I'd have made a project of it for the forum, and Wayne, and created the missing documentation, pics, videos', and what have you. Hey, retired guys have the time! Win-Win for everybody. But if Wayne won't cooperate, well.... Seems the story is indeed told.

Shame. As my opening email to Wayne stated: So much potential being lost.

How many people would commit to McCruise? If we had five people or so actually place an order, I wonder of they would finish the engineering and build a kit. Since they do this all the time it is a question of market size. There is six guys on this thread. I know @Jim Bitolas wants one and he volunteered to take his bike to them.

They have the throttle by wire models at $648, I suspect the parts list for that one is 99% of what a VMAX would need.

The most expensive Yamaha listed on their website is $925 for a servo model. Would everyone here pay that? I am in.

Last edited:
How many people would commit to McCruise? If we had five people or so actually place an order, I wonder of they would finish the engineering and build a kit. Since they do this all the time it is a question of market size. There is six guys on this thread. I know @Jim Bitolas wants one and he volunteered to take his bike to them.

They have the throttle by wire models at $648, I suspect the parts list for that one is 99% of what a VMAX would need.

The most expensive Yamaha listed on their website is $925 for a servo model. Would everyone here pay that? I am in.
I am also in on purchasing a McCruise Cruise Control for my 2009 VMAX. I have talked with Jim Bitolas and McCruise and Jim volunteered his VMAX to use as a prototype. I arranged with McCruise to talk with Jim and he did. Since then, nothing has happened at McCruise. I have talked with McCruise a few times to verify their participation but they haven't contacted Jim ... as far as I know.

My bike is still available for the project to go through research and development for the cruise control
but i lost faith with MC Cruise , i believe they looking for production numbers before they commit to a project
for the Gen2, or they not interested at all due to it is a discontinue model . At the moment i don't have my hopes up
and i just settled with throttle lock just to give a rest to my right hand on long trips .

Attachments

• 335238594_194821999844197_437014849022828660_n.jpg
    335238594_194821999844197_437014849022828660_n.jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 334675434_1898932760477029_8768079587099340101_n.jpg
    334675434_1898932760477029_8768079587099340101_n.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 0
I've used the Universal Vista Cruise on many bikes over the decades and I have it on my Vmax. Unfortunately, the return spring is so strong it just won't hold it unless I tighten it down so much it holds the throttle all the time.
As for wayne, I really just don't understand. How do you go through all the effort to create something like the cruise option and other tuning options and then just do nothing afterwards. Baffles me.

I have the Kaoko Throttle Lock. Better than nothing but not very good.
I have written Tony asking how many committed orders for them to take Jim's Bike and build a kit.
More info when I have it.

Attachments

• BarEnds.MOV
    22.9 MB
Back