Tuneboy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I last contacted tuneboy on the 14th or 15th of May again requesting instruction clarification and the missing connector (if indeed it is missing as I'm not 100% sure). I have heard nothing. So, I just emailed them requesting a full refund at which point I will return everything in the original packaging at my cost. I said they had until the end of the week or I will file a claim with PayPal and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
There is no excuse for this kind of business. This began back at the beginning of March (actually May of 2021 but no money was exchanged, only information about the product awaiting the funds to be able to purchase) when I placed my order and the money came out of my account via PayPal. I have been nothing but polite and understanding in all of my correspondences. Once the money was taken from me I lost all support. I was finally able to get the instructions after several emails but still am pretty sure I'm missing both some parts and some critical information. At this point, I don't want the product as I no longer trust I will have a quality reliable product. I await their response.

Same experience here. Live and learn.
Did you managed to work out with Tuneboy kit? I read the comments and I really didn't understand what was the problem. Missing parts? Maps? Concerning the extra button for the cruise, I think as long as it can be engaged with start button the extra button is not needed. Please advise. Thanks

Did you managed to work out with Tuneboy kit? I read the comments and I really didn't understand what was the problem. Missing parts? Maps? Concerning the extra button for the cruise, I think as long as it can be engaged with start button the extra button is not needed. Please advise. Thanks
For me, the problem was not having any support after the purchase and I am not going to hack ECU wiring and then find out there is a strange problem afterwards. PITA trying to troubleshoot electronics without any information or support. I would avoid them totally.

For me, the problem was not having any support after the purchase and I am not going to hack ECU wiring and then find out there is a strange problem afterwards. PITA trying to troubleshoot electronics without any information or support. I would avoid them totally.
I thought that it was plug n play solution and a software to upload the cruise map at least for cruise control. Too same. Also contacted today Mccruise. They will not gonna produce any cruise...for our bikes.

I thought that it was plug n play solution and a software to upload the cruise map at least for cruise control. Too same. Also contacted today Mccruise. They will not gonna produce any cruise...for our bikes.
It is SUPPOSED to be plug-n-play but, far from it. Not saying it's ridiculously complicated but, not simple. You have to pull plugs from the factory connectors, insert pins into these. Connect everything back. Connect to a laptop and download the current ECU tune (something not covered in the instructions I received, only how to install a new tune) and send it to tuneboy. Then, they recode it and send it back and you install it into the ECU. Wire up the kit to the ECU, brake lights and cruise button and then you should be good to go. My kit seems to be missing at least one of the connectors and corresponding wires. Not 100% sure because they won't respond. I did receive and email stating Wayne was sick and Brad was handling emails to which I replied with well-wishes and some questions and never received anything since. Before they took my money they were fairly prompt with email responses. After, nope. It took over a month just to get the instructions since all I received in the mail was a mailer with a bundle of wires and connectors. Haven't heard from them yet since I told them I wanted my money back.

Did you speak with Tony at McCruise? I have not heard from them in over a year. Very disappointed.

Did you speak with Tony at McCruise? I have not heard from them in over a year. Very disappointed.
Email sent from Frank Guymer (director of McCruise) and he said exactly:
"
Hi,

No, we still have not been able to source a bike to develop a cruise control on this model.

Sorry we can’t help you."

It is SUPPOSED to be plug-n-play but, far from it. Not saying it's ridiculously complicated but, not simple. You have to pull plugs from the factory connectors, insert pins into these. Connect everything back. Connect to a laptop and download the current ECU tune (something not covered in the instructions I received, only how to install a new tune) and send it to tuneboy. Then, they recode it and send it back and you install it into the ECU. Wire up the kit to the ECU, brake lights and cruise button and then you should be good to go. My kit seems to be missing at least one of the connectors and corresponding wires. Not 100% sure because they won't respond. I did receive and email stating Wayne was sick and Brad was handling emails to which I replied with well-wishes and some questions and never received anything since. Before they took my money they were fairly prompt with email responses. After, nope. It took over a month just to get the instructions since all I received in the mail was a mailer with a bundle of wires and connectors. Haven't heard from them yet since I told them I wanted my money back.
Is it possible to send me all the instructions you have gathered from Tuneboy to check them? As you can see from my previous message the Mccruise solution is dead end. So the only way is the Tuneboy. Please if you can sent it to me in order to study them and start a communication with Tuneboy, but with your help I will understand if the kit is for my skills to setup it. Thanks.

I have sent them Jim's information and Jim has been in contact with them a few times as well as occasional emails from both of us. Maybe it would help to send them an email if you are interested. (And even if you aren't interested; may help us.)

Is it possible to send me all the instructions you have gathered from Tuneboy to check them? As you can see from my previous message the Mccruise solution is dead end. So the only way is the Tuneboy. Please if you can sent it to me in order to study them and start a communication with Tuneboy, but with your help I will understand if the kit is for my skills to setup it. Thanks.
Once I have my situation cleared-up with Tuneboy, I'll contact you. Are you wanting to possibly start making them FOR Tuneboy or make your own? The wiring isn't the big issue it's the programming of the ECU. That's definitely going beyond my skillset.

I'm guessing McCruise doesn't have an American shop anywhere? Why do these people have to be in Australia!? I'm wondering if Moore in California would be interested in coming up with a cruise kit?

I'm guessing McCruise doesn't have an American shop anywhere? Why do these people have to be in Australia!? I'm wondering if Moore in California would be interested in coming up with a cruise kit?
They have American installers but all the engineering is in Australia. @Jim Bitolas is there as well and has volunteered to take his bike in.

Moore would be a Tuneboy style where the ECU is flashed? McCruise is a bolt on with no software changes.

They have American installers but all the engineering is in Australia. @Jim Bitolas is there as well and has volunteered to take his bike in.

Moore would be a Tuneboy style where the ECU is flashed? McCruise is a bolt on with no software changes.
The thing I like about the ECU flash is space is at a premium on the Vmax already and you're not really adding servos and cables. Either way, I would love to have cruise control! It makes such a huge difference on long rides!

The thing I like about the ECU flash is space is at a premium on the Vmax already and you're not really adding servos and cables. Either way, I would love to have cruise control! It makes such a huge difference on long rides!
Space is such an issue. I added an Amplink this Spring. Had to give up the space for the OEM tool kit. The VMAX is not a touring bike but I sure do want to go out and put a few hundred miles on getting to a rally and then back. Cruise would be a god send.

My first gen 1 nearly killed me with that seat! After the first 300 mile trip I immediately bought a corbin. Toured all over on it. Haven't taken any really long trips with my 2015 yet. 3-500 miles average. What pisses me off is I ordered the cruise back in March so I would have plenty of time to work out any issues I might have with it. I'm planning an IronButt in July and cruise would have really helped!

My first gen 1 nearly killed me with that seat! After the first 300 mile trip I immediately bought a corbin. Toured all over on it. Haven't taken any really long trips with my 2015 yet. 3-500 miles average. What pisses me off is I ordered the cruise back in March so I would have plenty of time to work out any issues I might have with it. I'm planning an IronButt in July and cruise would have really helped!
Iron Butt on a VMAX?
Which Kingsport are in?

Back