Turn signal bulbs???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddtix

Reaction score
I have a 2005 anniversary edition. One of the front turn signal quit working sometime ago. I went to the dealer to get the replacement bulb. Well they sold me the wrong ones. (I was having trouble finding them so I went to the dealer and thought well might as well get four so I have them) 40 dollars later and I still don’t have one that works. They have three pins on the side one that is offset. Even Yamaha website don’t have them. Any idea on a led or something would be very helpful.

Hmnm this has been discussed before but I did not pay full attention as IIRC the 3rd pin is for running lights, something we don't have here in the UK.

The only 2 filament bulbs I know are brake lamps. Depending on the indicators (mine are non OEM), they need a smaller BA 15 bulb as the "normal "size is too big - but I'm talking single filament type, available in different power rating, 23 W is what I believe the manual sates but I have 15W due cost.

You may have the a problem finding LED bulbs and if you can find them, the indicators won't work unless you fit a LED indicator relay which loses the self cancelation feature. Also note LED indicator bulbs are taller so may not physically fit.

If you are willing to (and law allows) ride without running lamps then changing the bulb holders would make life easier.

I have good used OEM bulbs if you can't find them locally. They do have weird locking pin locations.

Latest posts

Back