Turn Signal Flasher Drama

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmic665

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

My first posting on this forum. I used to have an account on starvmax.com, but now the site is gone. I would like to know the location where the Flasher is kept on my 2nd Gen Vmax. I had a backyard mechanic install an aftermarket tank from vmax-fueltank.com and now my right turn signal is not working right. I'm not sure what he did, but it's not the light bulb. He also did a tacky duct-tape job on the installation of my tank, and I'm probably going to have to take out the tank and inspect what has been done unfortunately.
Overall the bike looks like it's in good shape, but I have not rode the bike since it was worked on. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
-cosmic665

I'm guessing who ever put the tank in, forgot to plug in the right rear turn signal. Your gonna have to drop the tail light housing (4 bolts) and I think 8 or 9 plastic rivets (reusable) so don't lose them. You need a small pick or screw driver to push the centers in and the rivet will pull out easily. Drop the inner fender down and follow the pig tails. They're isn't much room but the turn signal plugs are gray and black. I attached a picture of a front one, but the plug is the same only the rear has two wire not three.

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_054702626.jpg
    IMG_20200312_054702626.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200312_054735812.jpg
    IMG_20200312_054735812.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 16
I'm guessing who ever put the tank in, forgot to plug in the right rear turn signal. Your gonna have to drop the tail light housing (4 bolts) and I think 8 or 9 plastic rivets (reusable) so don't lose them. You need a small pick or screw driver to push the centers in and the rivet will pull out easily. Drop the inner fender down and follow the pig tails. They're isn't much room but the turn signal plugs are gray and black. I attached a picture of a front one, but the plug is the same only the rear has two wire not three.

You are right. There are a lot of things this guy did poorly. I would have been better off having done the work myself honestly! I have done two tank installs in the past on the Gen1 bikes. But the Gen2 bike is harder for me to work on. Oh well. I'll have to get too it!

You are right. There are a lot of things this guy did poorly. I would have been better off having done the work myself honestly! I have done two tank installs in the past on the Gen1 bikes. But the Gen2 bike is harder for me to work on. Oh well. I'll have to get too it!

Yeah, they definitely used what room they could find to stash anything and everything. I got big hands, and it's tough getting things routed without disassembling half the bike, lol. Let's us know the outcome!!

Honestly it's not that hard. More scary the first time you do it. I'm scared every time I do something new. But I got further in on each mod and feel comfortable doing my own work now. Take your time and pics, put bolts in where you got them or organize them and all will go fine. Worst issue I've had was dropping a bolt into the netherworld and searching for an hour to find it.

Yeah, they definitely used what room they could find to stash anything and everything. I got big hands, and it's tough getting things routed without disassembling half the bike, lol. Let's us know the outcome!!

I may not be able to get to this bike for a couple of weeks. But I'm going to keep you posted on progress. I've got too many projects going at once. And now I have to get ready to hunt for toilet paper..... LoL! Have a good weekend!

I may not be able to get to this bike for a couple of weeks. But I'm going to keep you posted on progress. I've got too many projects going at once. And now I have to get ready to hunt for toilet paper..... LoL! Have a good weekend!

I hear ya!! Fig leafs work, lol. Baby wipes, but you can't flush em. I'm just gonna run the garden hose inside, and make my own bidet hahaha!!!

Hi cosmic665 Guy
I was being nosey and checking this thread out. I see your rear wheel stand and I know they've been around awhile, But I've never had or used one. How do you go about putting the bike on it by yourself?
Thank You
Phil

Latest posts

Back