Turn Signal replacement Help?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quincyp

Reaction score
I just replaced my OEM turn signals on my 2014 Gen II.

I bought two wire LED lights, but planned not to use the running lights up front. I also bought the proper flasher module. So far so good.

Here is the issue:

If I hook the front turn signals to the flashing signal wires, the front and rear turn signals flash correctly, and at the correct speed, but they are "Dim", about half brightness.

If I hook the front turn signals up to the other running light wires, they are very bright (and on all the time), and only the rear turn signals flash (they are bright/normal as well). Which is what I would expect.

Any Idea why the turn signal lights flash dimly, when they are all hooked up as flashers?:ummm:

I am currently leaving it with only the rear turn signals flashing, and the fronts as running lights until I can get this sorted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I think I can help you as I recently did new turn signals last month. I have mine set up for run/turn both front and rear and I there is dimming as you describe, quite the opposite. When they flash, it's on/off, on/off. I used a special module between the flasher unit and the signals. The folks at CD were very professional over the phone and got me exactly what I needed for my application. Here is a quick vid I shot, a video is worth a million words, you know.
https://www.customdynamics.com/instructions/EPZ-WA.pdf
https://youtu.be/Tcx-QWQy__o

Nice to see Custom Dynamics are recommending Posi-Lock and Posi-Tap connectors. Too bad those were not included in their kit.

I tried the posi type connectors and didn't like them....too bulky. I used butt connectors instead.

I tried the posi type connectors and didn't like them....too bulky. I used butt connectors instead.

Hmmm,

Not sure I agree on the bulkiness part:

2cdie6w.jpg

Latest posts

Back