turn signals acting odd?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calibretto

Reaction score
Anyone else's turn signals go the normal pace for the first 10-15 blinks and then speed up a few times, slow back down and speed up again?

The stockers are not on my bike but the new ones still use a regular bulb.

Short somewhere in the wiring or?

Anyone else's turn signals go the normal pace for the first 10-15 blinks and then speed up a few times, slow back down and speed up again?

The stockers are not on my bike but the new ones still use a regular bulb.

Short somewhere in the wiring or?

Some other blinkers I had for a while used to act that way on the first few blinks. They were incandescent but they were also the really small halogen type incandescent.

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the resistence changing as the bulb heated up.

Rusty

Some other blinkers I had for a while used to act that way on the first few blinks. They were incandescent but they were also the really small halogen type incandescent.

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the resistence changing as the bulb heated up.

Rusty

So nothing to worry about? these are dual fillament(sp?) bulbs in back and front, with the fronts being the running lights still, tiny little dual contacts on the bottom.

So nothing to worry about? these are dual fillament(sp?) bulbs in back and front, with the fronts being the running lights still, tiny little dual contacts on the bottom.

Probably nothing to worry about. Although I would think if you left them on they would only spped up or slow down one time instead of going back and forth, that is a little odd///:ummm:

The ones I had were single filament front and back, no running lights in front.

I've been very happy since going to LED's.

I installed solid motor mounts and kept having to change the bulbs on the incandescent units due to vibration. Admittedly they were kind of cheaply made.

Rusty

Back