U Joint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chicken Man

Reaction score
For anybody looking to replace their U-Joint, and is seeing all those advertisements for $10-15 aftermarket ones on Amazon, eBay, and what not... I do not recommend it.

1648140323330.jpeg

Lasted me approximately 5.5 miles. Do not cheap out on parts.

Good parts aren't cheap and cheap parts aren't good.

ANY time I see a part that is a fraction of what it normally goes for, it screams to me...do not trust me....I will waste your time and money.

For anybody looking to replace their U-Joint, and is seeing all those advertisements for $10-15 aftermarket ones on Amazon, eBay, and what not... I do not recommend it.

View attachment 83222

I have taken a chance on Caltric, a deep discount parts vendor out of California with really good results to date.
I've got complete clutch discs ,friction plates and gasket kit, 48 bucks.
A complete starter clutch for 32.25 right now on ebay, mine is about 5yrs old
and I think I paid a little more but it is Caltric.
I took the usual precautions with the starter clutch install, staking the bolts etc. to this day it is quiet and trouble free.
With a really healthy motor the clutch pack with the DoubleD mod has never once slipped.
Unfortunately as the chicken man experienced the low budget vendors are a crap shoot at best but Calric has in my book proven to be a good shot.

To bad the OE U-joint doesn't have a grease zerk like the one thats shown to be junk.
Anyway thanks for the warning chicken man, whats your plan b?

View attachment 83222

I generally for anything of the spinning nature go with brand ntn moog you get the idea I don’t care who distributes just get me what I want I do have a hate on for white box shite and definitely still not comfortable with most chinesium wear parts

I generally for anything of the spinning nature go with brand ntn moog you get the idea I don’t care who distributes just get me what I want I do have a hate on for white box shite and definitely still not comfortable with most chinesium wear parts
Have to watch Moog now to they have 2 different lines a cheapo version made over seas & a good version

Have to watch Moog now to they have 2 different lines a cheapo version made over seas & a good version
The shop where I have a project car, he said the same thing. He does Corvettes & muscle cars restorations besides being a collision shop to pay the overhead. He likes Moog for American cars replacements.

I'm looking at a replacement catalytic converter as the GM dealer wants $1,400 for one! This is the one that is part of the exhaust manifold oh, there's another one down string but that one doesn't seem to be plugged like the upstream one is starting to have reduced flow. It's generating a code. RockAuto has a Walker replacement for about $550 so that's a savings of $900 right there. I I have used Walker exhaust components before and have been very satisfied with the quality and fit. A couple of gaskets and I should be good to go. It's a GMC crew cab pickup 13 years old and about 140,000 miles. I bought it new.

The shop where I have a project car, he said the same thing. He does Corvettes & muscle cars restorations besides being a collision shop to pay the overhead. He likes Moog for American cars replacements.

I'm looking at a replacement catalytic converter as the GM dealer wants $1,400 for one! This is the one that is part of the exhaust manifold oh, there's another one down string but that one doesn't seem to be plugged like the upstream one is starting to have reduced flow. It's generating a code. RockAuto has a Walker replacement for about $550 so that's a savings of $900 right there. I I have used Walker exhaust components before and have been very satisfied with the quality and fit. A couple of gaskets and I should be good to go. It's a GMC crew cab pickup 13 years old and about 140,000 miles. I bought it new.

I just replaced a walker direct fit cat out of a Honda CRV. OEM cat gave up after 200K miles. Customer supplied the Walker cat. Lasted about 1000 miles before the P0420 came back. Told em that cheap aftermarket cats will always fail prematurely. Rest of the Walker line....its OK where I live. No rust or salt. But back east, we would never use them. They had a 1 year shelf like back then. They were the econo-line exhausts.

And the number one thing that takes cats out....ignoring those misfire codes. P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306, P0307, and P0308. Dont think many here are running the Ford or Dodge V10s. LOL.

Latest posts

Back