UFO Baffle Stuck !!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordie

Reaction score
Trying to remove UFO StreetPro baffle to allow me remove stock baffle packing and fit fibreglass type wrapping material... Unable to remove baffles, sprayed WD40 release agent into baffle and mufflers and got some movement but cannot get them out...any ideas ?

Only because I can't see what the exhaust looks like and I have their megaphone. I would take out the end cap. Pull the end piece out and tap out the baffle. Mine has end cones. I have 2 different sizes. They can be removed with allen keys. And my baffle is inside but if I take the whole muffler off it can be taped and it will fall out... I might be putting my drag/ slash cut back on. Oh goal is drag/ play bike.. it's not fun for my ears riding more than 30 minutes.. Mars says they are never loud enough, yet his 85 with the slash cut/ drag doesn't go for rides either...lol

Maybe a slide hammer & a custom L-shaped bracket? Be sure you've removed all fasteners. You could also tack-weld something to the inside of the baffle like a fender washer and either use a long socket extension & a bell pein hammer, or the slide hammer.

Geez, I would'a thought that if you cannot budge it on the bike, the obvious next step is to remove it to see if you can get more leverage on it. If it's still stuck, then the spot-welding of a fender washer in the baffle should give you plenty of options for removing it, and just cut-off the washer when you get the baffle out.

Only because I can't see what the exhaust looks like and I have their megaphone. I would take out the end cap. Pull the end piece out and tap out the baffle. Mine has end cones. I have 2 different sizes. They can be removed with allen keys. And my baffle is inside but if I take the whole muffler off it can be taped and it will fall out... I might be putting my drag/ slash cut back on. Oh goal is drag/ play bike.. it's not fun for my ears riding more than 30 minutes.. Mars says they are never loud enough, yet his 85 with the slash cut/ drag doesn't go for rides either...lol

Oh I take my 85' out when everybody's at work just to keep it fresh and yea earplugs are mandatory I just don't ride it with a crowd no more I don't need too
:punk:

Only one screw on each muffler .... Baffles catch on lip of Slash Cut...plenty of baffle movement but trying to avoid any damage to pipes.

Checked with UFO and they also confirmed that the baffle is a tight fit in order to stop rattling etc....my neighbour tapped them out from inlet side and they finally came out, and after a wee bit of filing etc they have been refitted with the new fibreglass matting in baffles..Thanks for all the advice.

Latest posts

Back