UFO Dragstar sound

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really-short? That could cause marital problems! You have to get more (read, longer) sound to satisfy us. Anything-else is your business.:rofl_200:

That was like serving 4 oz of beer during the football season, to a house guest.

Here is a short clip of what it sounds like. Ok I admit it's really short, but the wife will complain even at that. Meant to do it before I put it in the garage.

http://youtu.be/Zakx_ZXgrzo

Well the truth be told I actually "thought" I recorded it before I put it in the garage. When I went to look the video over, I discovered that I had recorded my pocket while I pushed the bike into the garage. :ummm: So after realizing that I had been standing in the drive thinking I'm getting some winter blues material, I had to get something. Yeah I felt like an idiot but in my defense that was the first time ever trying to shot a vid with that phone.

Really-short? That could cause marital problems! You have to get more (read, longer) sound to satisfy us. Anything-else is your business.:rofl_200:

That was like serving 4 oz of beer during the football season, to a house guest.

Now that's funny stuff, guess I set myself up that one.

Give us a good long clip of the exhaust, maybe a short trip down the block away from neighbors you might annoy.

I like my UFO classics , the look and sound, but my riding buddies complain they cannot hear their own bikes.... Its meaty but is too loud.
I've fitted a 2" perf through the middle, and wrapped it in fiberglass. Still too loud.
Would welding a 1" washer to the inside of the 2" perf work?

I like my UFO classics , the look and sound, but my riding buddies complain they cannot hear their own bikes.... Its meaty but is too loud.
I've fitted a 2" perf through the middle, and wrapped it in fiberglass. Still too loud.

Can't you just buy the 1.5" end caps from UFO? This would be the easiest solution. I think a 1" opening may be to restrictive.

Can't you just buy the 1.5" end caps from UFO? This would be the easiest solution. I think a 1" opening may be to restrictive.

I was meaning to put a restricted washer half way down the perf, not at the end .
The flow could still go through the perf and back, then out.

Instead of trying to silence a pipe that was meant to be very very loud, you could sell it and buy something quieter and perhaps you'll even enjoy the tone more...

There are three ideas I had about the buddy problem. UFO sells the mega phone muffler they say it tones it down some, but still loud. Stay on the right side of the lane so the complainers are all on your left. Lastly and my personal favorite keep them as small blurs in the mirrors.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Give us a good long clip of the exhaust, maybe a short trip down the block away from neighbors you might annoy.

I like that idea! I just have to figure out a way to mount my phone on the outside of the bike. I would hate for it to end up like my blackberry did, it fell outta my backpack. Never seen it again :(

"The Voodoo Speakeasy will fit in ALL Voodoo Shorty Exhausts.
Simply by inserting in the existing Voodoo baffler, decibels are 4-6 lower! "

I'm going to swap out the mufflers for a larger set of carbon cans.
Bought some today. I need more like 8-10 db lower.
Thx karmakat, was the push I needed.

I like that idea! I just have to figure out a way to mount my phone on the outside of the bike. I would hate for it to end up like my blackberry did, it fell outta my backpack. Never seen it again :(

Givi T448 Handlebar Mount This high quality mount from Givi adjusts to fit all 1 inch or 78 inch handlebars. Ideal purpose is to support Givis T447 or T446 accessory pouches.

shopping

Bracketron Pro Series Universal Bike Mount - Universal bike mount
shopping

RAM Mount Apple Iphone 4 Fork Stem Motorcycle Mount 46403
shopping

Motorcycle / Bike MIRROR FRAME Mount & Custom Cradle for Apple iPhone 5s 5
http://www.mountguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RAM-B-179-AP11U&click=21
clear1x1.gif
RAM-B-179-AP11U-2.jpg

RAM Mount Unpkd RAM Side Reservoir Apple Iphone 4
shopping

RAM Mount Handlebar Ubolt Base wRound 1420 Threaded Stud for cameras
shopping

Back