UFO Quadzilla mufflers, direct replacement for Cobras?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardy Daytona7

Reaction score
I am pretty new to the bike scene, picked up a 1994 Vmax this July with a pretty specific image in mind of what I wanted the bike to turn into. At first I thought I hit the jackpot with the bike already having the 4 tip exhaust on it, but I was a little naïve and they're Cobras. Considering I'm new to the bike, the power decrease is probably good for someone with my lack of experience. That said, I hate knowing that I'm limiting the bike so I've begun to look for a different option with the quad tips that doesn't decrease the bike's stock hp. I've found these Quadzilla options that it seems only one company still makes. I've heard they're super loud, but I'm uncertain if that info is on the full exhaust or if just the mufflers are also that loud? That said, it looks like the Cobras are just a slip on, are the Quadzilla mufflers something I could just swap in place of the Cobras? Here is the link to the mufflers for comparision sake:

https://starriderperformance.com/quadzilla-mufflers-streetpro-4-2-exhaust-85-07-all/
As a side note, I see the Gen 2 uses a quad tip design, is it ok in that instance because it goes from a 4-2-4 design instead of a 4-4? Just curious.

Last edited:
The full system will be a huge gain in power over stock. They are all close so buy what you like the look, price and sound of.

I am pretty new to the bike scene, picked up a 1994 Vmax this July with a pretty specific image in mind of what I wanted the bike to turn into. At first I thought I hit the jackpot with the bike already having the 4 tip exhaust on it, but I was a little naïve and they're Cobras. Considering I'm new to the bike, the power decrease is probably good for someone with my lack of experience. That said, I hate knowing that I'm limiting the bike so I've begun to look for a different option with the quad tips that doesn't decrease the bike's stock hp. I've found these Quadzilla options that it seems only one company still makes. I've heard they're super loud, but I'm uncertain if that info is on the full exhaust or if just the mufflers are also that loud? That said, it looks like the Cobras are just a slip on, are the Quadzilla mufflers something I could just swap in place of the Cobras? Here is the link to the mufflers for comparision sake:

https://starriderperformance.com/quadzilla-mufflers-streetpro-4-2-exhaust-85-07-all/
As a side note, I see the Gen 2 uses a quad tip design, is it ok in that instance because it goes from a 4-2-4 design instead of a 4-4? Just curious.
You won't be dissatisfied
With a system from
Mike Lees at SRP

I was under the impression they didn't make them anymore. Nearly all of his items are listed as out of stock.

Quadzillas came in my 05. Great system but very very loud. I have to wear earplugs or it feels like my eardrums are going to explode after 15 minutes of riding. Still haven’t gotten a ticket somehow.

The UFO exhaust is nothing more than rebadged Voodoo exhaust.
No, it isn't. At least not to my knowledge.

The UFO exhaust were made by Jon Cornell and sold exclusively through him. His site was around back in 93. After his death the company went defunct. (I've heard stories but I'll not get into all that.) Then somebody else created a new site called Star Rider Performance in 2016 and sold the same named exhaust made by I don't know who. (They may well be Voodoo for all I know.)

Voodoo didn't come along until nearly 10 years after Jon was selling it. Voodoo founded in 2003. So, if anything, Star Rider Performance rebadged Voodoo exhausts to make a buck off of the late Jon Cornell's work.

Unless somebody knows something I don't. Which is possible.

But as we speak, Voodoo does not make anything approaching a quadzilla exhaust system. They don't make really anything that UFO used to sell. Most of Voodoo's stuff looks pretty cheap compared to how UFO's stuff looked back in the day.

Last edited:
Quadzillas came in my 05. Great system but very very loud. I have to wear earplugs or it feels like my eardrums are going to explode after 15 minutes of riding. Still haven’t gotten a ticket somehow.

Is this a full system or just the slip on? You're actually not that far from me, I wouldn't mind meeting up at some point if you'd like so I can take a look. I'm not in a huge rush to swap the exhaust out atm since it's going into winter, but it seems my options are pretty limited for the look I want on the bike. Other than the Quadzilla's I've linked (questionable source), are there any other quad tip options I'm not aware of that won't decrease HP?

Is this a full system or just the slip on? You're actually not that far from me, I wouldn't mind meeting up at some point if you'd like so I can take a look. I'm not in a huge rush to swap the exhaust out atm since it's going into winter, but it seems my options are pretty limited for the look I want on the bike. Other than the Quadzilla's I've linked (questionable source), are there any other quad tip options I'm not aware of that won't decrease HP?
Full system. Hell yeah let’s ride. I hardly knocked the dust off last summer.
i think, and others will verify, the full system needs a stage 7intake mod also. Which I honestly do not know what all That entails.

Even the stock air box/jetting with a full exhaust is a huge improvement. I don't deny the kit benefits though. The first ride I took with he Mark's 4-2 and stock jetting, I got some air under the front wheel when I cracked the throttle. The kits move the power band around some. WOT is at another level with stage 7. The Morley kit is very street able with excellent midrange as well.

No, it isn't. At least not to my knowledge.

The UFO exhaust were made by Jon Cornell and sold exclusively through him. His site was around back in 93. After his death the company went defunct. (I've heard stories but I'll not get into all that.) Then somebody else created a new site called Star Rider Performance in 2016 and sold the same named exhaust made by I don't know who. (They may well be Voodoo for all I know.)

Voodoo didn't come along until nearly 10 years after Jon was selling it. Voodoo founded in 2003. So, if anything, Star Rider Performance rebadged Voodoo exhausts to make a buck off of the late Jon Cornell's work.

Unless somebody knows something I don't. Which is possible.

But as we speak, Voodoo does not make anything approaching a quadzilla exhaust system. They don't make really anything that UFO used to sell. Most of Voodoo's stuff looks pretty cheap compared to how UFO's stuff looked back in the day.
Mike Lees was Jon's
partner he formed SRP
When UFO shut down
He has all the equipment
Took my 2006 up to him
he built the 4 into 2
Slash system for me
along with lots of other
up grades.
Super guy
only man I will use

Yea. I looked for Quadzilla exhaust for 2 years. I finally tracked down Mike at Star rider. He learned from John back in the hayday of the vmax, and bought the fixtures from john's widow. The product is identical to what I was running in my 85 vmax. I ran stage 7 jets, and K&N individual air filters, and a 1,2000 rpm red line box. Light to light I made crotch rockets look like mopeds because the front wheel stays down on our bikes.

Latest posts

Back