UFO slash cut muffler with custom silencers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
Im thinking about selling my UFO ss slashcut mufflers with both baffles. the ones that came with the system and i have two custom made baffles that tone it down. pm me for more info. I will only sell as a set with all baffles. Im not selling my header pipe.

Attachments

• 2013-05-02_13-36-48_85.jpg
    2013-05-02_13-36-48_85.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 145
I sent you a PM I'll be up till 430 in the morning actually give me a call and I can tell you all about them

I've got the 4-1 with the slash cut and I'm interested in knowing what you did for a baffle as well.

I came across these online. They look like they will work. I think the deal was that VooDoo made all the products for UFO before they had a falling-out. Now VooDoo sells the same stuff. So I think VooDoo's slash cut muffler is the same as UFOs. Can anyone confirm this?

VSVEI-4T.jpg

http://estore.voodoomoto.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VSVEI

I've got the Quadzilla's and I'm interested in knowing what you did for a baffle as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I kept my UFO 4/1 headpipes and put both the 'baloney-cut' exhaust tip and the UFO megaphone on the shelf, and fitted a replacement canister from a literbike. I had the carbs tuned by a great mechanic for the stock UFO Dragstar 4/1, and the Frankencan(ister) didn't seem to affect the carbs' state of tune. It still rips through the rev band, and it's nice and quiet, so you actually could use the throttle driving by a cop to your right, and not have-to worry about being pulled-over for 'excessive noise,' 'defective equipment,' or whatever revenue-enhancement phrase the cop rattles-off, while you contemplate the effect of a ticket on your insurance.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=29889&highlight=canister

I have a couple of other alternatives to this planned as I know someone might say, "too-big," but I'll take its looks any-day if I can run with impunity to redline, and not be worried that every cop within earshot will be alerted to an 'exhibition of speed.' Especially with the recent punitive increase in Florida fines for wheelies, which the bike will easily perform on the 1-2 shift at redline, or if you grab a big handful of throttle in first-gear.:clapping:

I'm always looking for another 'exhausting' alternative, which is why I posted about the blatant lack of truth in advertising on craigslist, prompting my topic creation/post, 'caveat emptor on craigslist.' http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=31367

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 60
  • cans.03.JPG
    cans.03.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 62
  • welding pipe.JPG
    welding pipe.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 57
  • cylinder fins right.jpg
    cylinder fins right.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 68
Voodoo just released a 4-2 and a 4-1 Full exhaust for the Gen 1 ($699.95) and Slip-ons for the gen 2 ($499.95).
You can call them at (440) 653-5333 for more info.
The Gen 1 system isn't on their website yet.
http://www.voodoomoto.com/

I just dealt with them a few months ago, I had to swap out a Fork Brace I won at the VMOA Banquet at Thunder (it was for 85-92).
They were very friendly and my 93-07 Fork Brace arrived in just a few days.
And I have to say, it is definitely a well made Brace.
So, I'm sure their exhaust is high quality as well.

PS
I have no affiliation with Voodoo, I just thought I'd post this info since they are relatively inexpensive (50-70% cheaper) compared to UFO.

Attachments

• Voodoo_Gen1_Vmax_4-2.jpg
    Voodoo_Gen1_Vmax_4-2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Voodoo_Gen1_Vmax_4-2_2.jpg
    Voodoo_Gen1_Vmax_4-2_2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Voodoo_Gen1_Vmax_4-2_3.jpg
    Voodoo_Gen1_Vmax_4-2_3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Voodoo_Gen2_Slip-on_1.jpg
    Voodoo_Gen2_Slip-on_1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Voodoo_Gen2_Slip-on_2.jpg
    Voodoo_Gen2_Slip-on_2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Voodoo_Gen2_Slip-on_3.jpg
    Voodoo_Gen2_Slip-on_3.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 212
I just ordered that speakeasy baffle on ebay for 26 shipped. I'll give it a try and see if it fits.

I installed it today. It was easy but not as easy as they say in the video for the UFO 4 into 1. I had to drill the baffle so it would screw in. It does make a huge difference to quiet down the exhaust.

I installed it today. It was easy but not as easy as they say in the video for the UFO 4 into 1. I had to drill the baffle so it would screw in. It does make a huge difference to quiet down the exhaust.
We NEED Video (and before and after video would be GREAT) !!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_dance: :biglaugh: :punk:

Won't a baffle inserted into a 4/1 or 4/2 constrict the back pressure ?? I myself enjoy my 4/2 Slashcuts and have heard some on the VMF claim that some UFO's were simply straight pipes.... I'm curious if a Jet or Carb adjustment is needed for maximum efficiency??

KarmaKatt

I would like to hear a SOUND CLIP also....

Ok Ill get on it. Video/Audio never does good job of picking up loud pipes though.

Hey, did you ever get around to doing an A/B comparison of the baffle out vs. in? Compare it to the one I posted for a UFO 4/1 Dragstar w/the slash-cut tip/baffle.

I also found another canister like the one I made for my UFO, if someone w/a Dragstar wants to go quieter. I'd have to fab the adapter, not too-difficult. Much, much quieter! I didn't change the jetting for the canister, I left it like it was, and I don't have any issues w/it this way.

Attachments

• cylinder fins right.jpg
    cylinder fins right.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back